CHAPTER 26

Next day Christine woke up, took shower then went to Ella's room and knock on her door and spoke," It's time wake up, I already had my show and now I'm going to get ready, so hurry up" and with that, she moved towards her to get dressed for the tour, after getting ready she called her mom and told her about the tour, asked what dad was doing and so on when she heard a knock on her door it was Ella" Christine, I'm ready to let head downstairs Bella must be waiting for us for the breakfast", Christine told her mom that she had to go and will call her later, and with that hanged up the call and proceed outside the door where Ella was all ready for her they headed downstairs together where whole family was present on the dining table they both wished good morning to everyone and took their seats, after having their breakfast Vincent handed them his and Bella's phone number and asked them to call them anytime in case of emergency, to which both Christine and Ella just nodded and just then someone honked his car outside the house "I guess it's Daniel", Vincent spoke to which Christine and Ella looked at one other and then said their bye to the Vincent family and headed outside the house, and same as the first day Daniel was looking great just in his casual jeans and t-shirt.

As Christine and Ella reached Daniel they greeted him in unison, and as they first day Daniel crack a heart taking smile and greeted them back, and with that Ella took the passenger seat of the car beside Daniel and Christine took the back seat, while starting the engine of the car he spoke "so are excited girls" in a super excited tone at which Christine just giggle while Ella spoke in the same excited" yes we are" and with that the car moved on the road during their ride Christine spoke "what are we going to visit today?"

"'Sistine chapel and if we have time left we can also visit the Vatican museum"

"okay," Christine whispered.

"Daniel" this time Ella spoke"

"yes" Daniel responded

"tell us something about the Sistine Chapel, we don't anything about it in detail, just basic so it would be great if you can tell us something about it?" Ella spoke and look at Daniel for his response,

"sure why not" Daniel responded to Ella's question

"that would be great, it's nice to know about the place we are going to visit" this time Christine spoke, Daniel glanced at Christine from the form mirror inside the car and then focused on the road, after few seconds he open his mouth and spoke "The Sinister chapel was named from the man who commissioned it, pope Sixtux IV, it had the same dimensions, as described in the old testament about the temple of Solomon on Jerusalem's Temple Mount" after that he again viewed Christine but she signalled him to continue while Ella, was listening each information carefully, so he continued "The Sistine Chapel is most famous for Michelangelo's frescoes, but before that, Sisto commissioned painter such as Botticelli to fresco the two long wall chapel told the story of Moses, while the other side told the story of Christ"

"So how Michelangelo began his work" Ella asked curiously

"Michelangelo's frescoes was commissioned by pope Julius II in 1508, who was the nephew of Sixtus IV, it would be better if you see its beauty from your own eyes" and before Ella could to open her mouth to speak further, Daniel stopped his car, and Ella and Christine came out of it, Daniel parked while they wait for him, whatever entry ticket or any other formalities was handled by Daniel himself and then he leads them both inside the Sistine Chapel, and what they both saw inside was out of word, Christine was amazed and didn't know what to say, on the Michelangelo's ceiling, decorative male nudes are shown with acorns, the panels was painted in reverse chronological order, finishing the scene showing God creating the sun, moon, Earth and darkness and light, the portrayed of God was painted as a muscular figure with long white hair and big white beard, the main nine panels at the centre of ceiling depict a story from the Book of Genesis, although Bible suggests that Eves' forbidden fruit is an apple, but in the ceiling panel depicting the temptation, Michelangelo's tree is a fig, the serpent shown in this scene was not a male figure but rather a female head.

Both Christine and Ella was viewing the painting with wide eyes, it was beautiful and awesome, how can some draw such things on their own was the only question revolving inside their mind, while Daniel was casually walking along with them, maybe it was common for him to view such things, since he is a Biblical scholar and stays here, after Sinister chapel Daniel lead them to Vatican Museum, on their way Daniel spoke "so what you think about this?" looking at them, Christine took a deep breath while Ella just bring her two fingers in front of her lip and move it as a zip lock and spoke" speechless.... no words", to which Christine nodded her head and spoke in a super excited and curious voice "the ceiling and the last judgment wall frescoes is wonderful, I would like to learn more about it Daniel" to which he smiled and replied " anytime, and I would love to tell them myself to you, both you are staying here for ten days, I'm I right?" he spoke pointing toward Ella and Christine to which the both nodded "perfect, that's  enough whenever you want to learn just let me, okay?"

to with the Christine smiled and show her thumb speaking "Done" at which they all giggled and as they all entered the Museum the expression on Ella's and Christine's face was priceless, there were the collection of Modern religious art and houses paintings and sculpture from artists like Carlo Carra, Giorgio de Chirico, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, Marc Chagall, Paul Klee, Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso, overall it was a great experience for both and for Christine the experience was priceless, visiting Vatican City was her dream which came true except the one she always prays for, although she has a feeling of being watched by someone but the decision to ignore as she was by captivated by the beauty of this place and when they came out of the Museum the feeling of being watch grew which made her more uncomfortable and maybe Ella has noticed her best friend change of behaviour because she whisper slowly near her ear, "are you okay" to which Christine just nodded and gave a reassuring smile while they were walking out Daniel stopped who was walking in front o them and spoke" hours has passed wandering around Sinister chapel and Vatican museum, I think we must get something to eat, because sun is going to set and I 'have to drop you both, I guess it's enough for today we can explore more next day"

"I agree", Ella spoke and look towards Christine "me too" this time Christine spoke, with that he again started leading them towards the car, he gave them half a city ride just for fun, then stopped the car in front of a beautiful fancy looking restaurant where he ordered food, since they both insisted Daniel to order and then he also paid for the meal although Ella and Christine offered to pay for the food but he declines, all the time Christine was getting a weird feeling only be watching by someone was not the thing but she felt the presence of an unknown aura around herself the whole time, it was bothering her but she didn't know what it is in real, so she decided to stay quite about it, after having their food Daniel drop them to Vincent house and after than left saying bye and we will meet tomorrow.
After Daniel left them they both went to their room changed into something more comfortable and got fresh after that Ella informed Bella that they both were full so not to make dinner for them since it was already dark, they both stay in their room and had some rest during dinner time they both headed downstairs and gave company to Vincent family and shared with them their first day of experience while having coffee after that they said goodnight and headed back to their room, after entering room Christine moves towards the large window and view outside and then divert her eyes the sky and unconsciously her mind drifted the shadow of her dream trying to draw his image in mind which she has never seen, she was back to reality when again a gust of wind passed by and she got the same feeling, one she had felt on the first day she set her foot on Vatican city, she knew this wind is not normal, it something else it held the same unknown aura which she was experiencing the whole day today, and again felt someone presence outside the window in the street between the crowds, she sighed and closed her eyes and then went to her bed and drifted into deep sleep.

Please Comment vote and share if you like reading it.