CHAPTER 22

After my flight got landed, I collected my luggage and wait outside, again the feeling of nervousness and fear surrounds me till my eyes fall on Lucy.

Lucy was my senior in college we had the same stream, I met her through Katherine, they belong from the same school, where Lucy was Katherine's senior and as Katherine told me about her she is really helpful, I still remember the day when I applied for this project and knew anyone there at that time Katherine suggested me talk to Lucy as she had already qualified research scholar exam and was recently working there, at first I hesitated to call since I don't know her personally and just met her once, but now I think that taking Katherine suggestion was the right decision that I made, at first Lucy didn't recognise me but once I helped her to recall, she got it and was excited to help me out, I asked her to help me out to find a nice apartment but without taking time she offered her own apartment, she informed me that her apartment was very large for a single person so she was glad to share it with me.

I don't know what to say, so I told her that I would stay only if she allows me to pay half of all the expenditure, it would be a sharing because I would not feel comfortable if she let me stay there for free, she was already helping me out by offering her own apartment provided by the research institute and I don't want to be burden on her, and more to my satisfaction she agreed.

It's been a long time since I saw her, and now she looks more beautiful than before no doubt she has always been beautiful but now she is more, it's still dark outside but she came on time to receive me, as soon as she saw me she engulf me in a warm hug, first I left off guard because I only met her for once and second time I only talk to her over the phone while applying for the project but still she was behaving as if I was her close friend or sister whom she met after a long time, after few seconds I hug her back with same affection and somehow in this new city I found someone to call family.

We had small fight, over who's going to carry my luggage and at last I gave up she told me that I was like her little sister and I must have been tired from the journey so I should relax and let her carry my luggage, trust me I protested but at last I gave up, I'm still not too frank with her so I didn't felt right to argue with her so I just gave up.

In the car, she told me to get some sleep because the institute is situated on the far side of the town and it going to be a long drive, it's already dark outside so I just listened to her and drifted into deep sleep.

I guess after 1-2 hours I woke up from sleep and I viewed outside the window and saw the rising sun and what I saw was just awesome.

"How long I slept?"

"Whole 2 hours."

"Wow...! I really had nice sleep......how long will it take us to reach?"

"Well, it's almost outside the town area so.... it will take approx one and a half hour more" to which I just nodded.

On my way, I saw tall buildings, beautifully designed houses, monuments, and people doing morning while some were jogging.

After about one an half hours she stopped in front of an apartment, she took out my luggage from the car but this time I took it from her, "since I had some sleep while you were driving and now I feel better" and this time she didn't argue, we took the lift and reached the second floor on our way to the lift, I asked her" only research scientist stay here?" she shook her head and replied "no, not all of them are research scientist but most of them" to which I just nodded in understanding.

The lift came to rest and we move out of it, and when she opens the door of her apartment I can say that she was right when she told it was large for a single person because the apartment had three room, two rooms had attached bathroom one spacious hall with attached kitchen to it and small balcony attached to each room and the view of outside was breathtaking.

She leads me to the room in which I was going to stay and it was one of those rooms which had attached bathroom with it, after showing me my room she asked me to have some rest and with that she left the room and after that, I close the door.

If you enjoy reading it please vote, comment  and share...