CHAPTER 15

After their conversation over, Christine went down to help her mom with some chores, since she was at home and somehow she wanted to keep herself engaged in works, just to distract herself from those weird dreams which don't seem like just a dream anymore.

Whole day, Christine spent time with her mom helping, cracking jokes, discussing future plans, studies, and some random stuff, whole day went on peaceful and normal, after all these when she went to her room to have some rest her phone ringed showing Ella's name on display and there were already three missed calls from her.

"Hey, Ella! What's up, don't you have an exam today"?

"Really Christine, don't you act smart with me, why you didn't pick my call earlier"?

"Sorry! Ella today I was at home due to bad weather and spend a whole day with mom, and forget the phone in my room so........."

"Okay, got it, it just part of my daily life to call you once in a while, because this is the only way to stay updated with each other everyday life events, and on top of that I miss my best friend a lot."

"Me toooooooo........ Ella, okay now leaves this emotional topic, the main point is how your exam was and when is your last paper"?

"Well my exam was awesome and tomorrow is my last paper, hey Christine I forgot to tell you something, did you remember Anna from our school"?

Christine zoned out, thinking about her school friend Anna the time they spend together but, then a sudden feeling of guilt surrounds her when she remembered that after meeting Ella she started spending less time with her and somehow she felt like she neglected Anna.

"Christine are you there"? Ella's voice brought Christine back to reality.

"Sorry, just zoned out in old times, so what were you saying about Anna"?

"Yesterday evening, I went with my friends to a nearby shop and you know what, there I met her, it's been a long time but, I still remembered she use to be your close friend in school."

Now the guilt within Christine build up more and unconsciously she spoke out" she must hate me now"

"Hate you? For what?" Ella spoke from the other side of the phone sounding confused.

"Anna used to my only close friend before you came and after that things changed, I felt more attached and comfortable with you, the important thing is that I was able to share my dreams and feelings with you without any care and while getting closer to you, I think somehow I had distanced myself from Anna, without noticing it yet."

"Christine, really you think a lot of useless things, Anna can never hate you, no one can, If they truly know you, and if she is your true friend I'm sure she will understand you, she may get angry at you or maybe shout at you or even fight with you but can never hate you, and I think you are wasting your energy over useless thoughts.

In the shop, as soon as she approaches me the first she asked was you, she wanted to know where you are now, what are you doing? She even asked for your contact number and I guess soon you will get a call from her".

Christine took a deep breath and exhaled, hope you are right and I'm wrong because I don't want her to hate me, I know I deserve it, but still....., it's just that those weird dreams and all......."

"Christine, are you hiding something, you have told that those dreams have stopped"?

" yes, Ella those dreams had stopped, you needn't worry over me, just focus on your next paper, it's that I'm feeling nervous don't know how will I talk to Anna, so I'm just murmuring out words in nervousness."

"Oh! My bestie don't you worry about me, I have already completed my study just have to revise it and now I'm going to do a revision so bye for now, and tomorrow, will call you after my exam gets over"

And with that, they hang up the call.