CHAPTER 36

From that day onwards, Daniel used to visit Christine's office every day, it has almost been one week, and within this one week they have become really close, they hang out together sometimes Lucy would join them, but most of the time they enjoy only each other company, it has been a whole one week and there is still no sign of Damien, Christine is still confused and worried over him she didn't understand where she got wrong, or what she has done for Damien to avoid her, she didn't have his contact or knew where he lives, overall she didn't know anything about him except his name "Damien", but somehow when she is with Daniel she enjoys the time and for few hours she could distract herself from the pain and tension.

Daniel was really sorry for the way he behaved with Christine in Rome and it was clearly visible in his eyes, and he was trying hard to make it up for her, but Christine has already forgiven him because within these few weeks he proved that he was a wonderful friend and a good human, he showed how great it was to be with him every day, every day he showed his concern and care towards Christine, making Christine feel guilty over how badly she had ignored or shut him down, without listening to his reasons for once, for that, she still apologizes to him occasionally, and each and every time he would stop her, saying that he was partly to blame as well.

One day while hanging out with Daniel, Lucy called her to inform me that she has to go out of town for some urgent meeting for few days, and she was sorry that she was not able to inform her earlier since she got the notice late herself. Christine was a little bit upset after hearing Lucy, but she knew it was common in their profession, so she makes up her mind, and because she has to stay alone for a few days, so after returning she had to take dinner alone which she didn't like at all, so she asked Daniel to have dinner with her in a nearby restaurant, to which he gladly accepted.

After having dinner Daniel drop Christine to her apartment and told her to wait, after getting ready in the morning because he will drop her to the institute, after saying goodnight she moves towards the door of her apartment, she opened her shoes and place it near the door, then move towards her room she took out clothes from the closet to change them in the bathroom after getting fresh and changing her clothes she went back to her room only to get frozen by seeing one person she didn't aspect to see right now.