CHAPTER 9

Last night passed by.

Next morning Christine woke up, on her parents' bed alone, she saw the clock near the bed, set on the side table and sighed " I'm 20 minutes late for school, why no one woke me up?" with that she ran towards her room to take bath and get ready for school, while taking a shower her mind flashback the event of last night when she ran towards her parents' room banging on the door repeatedly, when the door came to open, she faced a sleepy annoyed mother, whose expression suddenly changed to a worried one, as soon as her eyes fell on her daughter. she was just about to open her mouth to question Christine's presence during this time, but before she could ask anything Christine hugged her mom tightly as if her life depends upon her, she was more than grateful when her mom decided to stay quiet and not to question anything further and hugs her back with same feeling and emotion, then she guided Christine towards their bed, where Christine's dad leave place for them to sleep comfortably.

After having a shower and getting ready for school, Christine walked down the stairs where she saw her mom coming out of the kitchen holding coffee mug. As soon as her eyes lock with her mom's eye, Christine spoke "mom why didn't wake me up? look I'm 15 minutes late from my usual time" to which her mom took a deep breath and move toward her, as soon as she reached her daughter, she placed the coffee mug on the dining table and placed her hands of Christine's face and spoke " honey, you are my top most priority, everything else comes after you, always remember this. I didn't wake you up because last night you looked disaster and I wanted you to have complete rest and during the morning when I saw your peaceful sleeping face, I decided to not wake you up. And in addition to that, if you are not healthy mentally or physically, how will you be able to focus or concentrate in your school?"

Christine looks at her mother's eye and hugs her whispering in her ears, "I'm sorry mom, I love you, and you are the best".

Okay honey, enough of this emotional talks, early in the morning, you have your seat and I will get you breakfast, and with that she left for the kitchen before speaking "I know you are late, but you can't leave for school without having your food.

While having her food, Christine's mom spoke " honey, do you want to share the reason behind yours last night situation?"

"Mom truly speaking, I don't know myself what happened, I just felt a sudden rise of fear and anxiety, I don't know how to explain it, it was so weird and odd, I don't know mom what it was".

Christine's mom starts to move toward her back, and wrapped her arms from behind and spoke in a firmer tone," It's okay honey, I get it. Sometimes there are something's which we are not able to explain or express but we can feel it, just remember one thing whenever you feel you are all alone and fear surrounds you, always remember Jesus is always there for you, pray to him and I'm sure your all fear will run far away from you, and from today on start keeping Bible below your pillow every night before going to bed." and with that she kissed Christine's head.

After having her food and greeting her mom bye! Christine left for school, on her way to school she thought to herself "Wished, I could tell you the truth mom, but I don't want you to get worried over me, then you are from before. Truth is that I have already tried out placing Bible below my pillow at night when the very first time I started having weird dreams, but I felt more restless and uncomfortable and was not able to sleep a whole night. So I decided to remove Bible from my bed and then at least I was able to have some sleep. No doubt I pray daily but placing Bible during sleep is a whole different thing for me."

With all these thoughts in her mind, she stepped inside school front gate and just then the bell rang, signaling for the class to get started.

* If you enjoy reading then please don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share , and
Follow.