CHAPTER 31

The ride to the home was in complete awkward silence, no one spoke a word, though Daniel keep on glancing at her now and then, Christine could feel his eyes on her but decided to ignore it and keep her eyes outside the window, her mind was blank, not able to understand what actually happened earlier, what she said so wrong that trigger his violent side.

As soon as the car came to stop, she rushed inside the house without glancing at him for once, as she entered she saw Ella on the kitchen counter with her laptop, one hand holding a coffee mug and the other place on the keypad, Ella glanced from her laptop and look at Christine with wide smile, she moves towards her " hey you are back, but..................why you look so pale?" before Christine could answer her question someone spoke behind her " She is not feeling well, maybe got exhausted from every day hanging out and need complete rest" and that voice belongs to Daniel, Christine just over him with same expressionless face but choose to say nothing, Ella once more look at Christine and then back at Daniel and spoke " yeah, she rarely hangs out, it must be exhausting for her" and then hold Christine's hands, let go to your room I will give you some medicine and then you can have some rest, to which Christine just nodded and walk with her.

After giving her medicine and making sure she was okay, Ella left her before covering her with a blanket and then closed the door behind her, after that Christine try to recall the earlier incident and she was still confused Daniel is Biblical scholar, it not necessary for him to be a believer but the way he acted doesn't make any sense, then the scene of her encounter with an unknown priest flash in front of her and his words started to echo in her mind, she moves the blanket over and took the Bible placed on her nearby table and open the Revelation, since she was a believer and a constant Bible reader she knew she read those line before somewhere in Bible but was not able to recall the correct phase, while reading through each chapter of Revelation briefly her eyes landed on Revelation chapter 20 verse 7 AND WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS ARE EXPIRED, SATAN SHALL BE LOOSED OUT OF HIS PRISON, why would that priest told me something like this, every Christian who reads Bible knows about the prophecy but why he told me this, on top of that why he asked me to be prepared, for what, what time has come, what does he mean and those question in her mind she tries to sleep, but only her eyes were closed, her mind keeps on processing the incident with took place with Daniel in his apartment.

When she was trying to fall sleep she felt someone presence in her room, but choose to keep her eyes shut, she feels someone's hand runs through her head and that very time she knew to whom those hands belongs to, then she felt those hand froze in one place as if he saw something but she still keeps her eyes shut, then felt his hand move away from her and felt footstep moving far from her, already her mind was in complete mess so, without thinking about the result she opens her mouth " how long do I've to wait?" there was a complete silence, she didn't even know if he was still there are not, but slowly she opened her eyes to see him stuck in one place, and then after few minutes without answering her question he moves towards the window, so she rapidly stands on her feet throwing the blanket and spoke an annoyed yet low tone " what are you so afraid of?" and this time he not only stop but glance at her from the side of his eyes and turned his neck slightly towards her and finally spoke " you will never understand" and with that he turned her face back towards the window, but before he could take any step she spoke "then make me understand" which made him stand in his place his back facing her, no one spoke a word after that, everything seems to be stopped and goes on like this for few minutes before they both got distracted from a knock on a door a when Christine her attention back to him he was gone, again.

She sighed and went to open the door only to see Ella standing there with a bowl of soup in her hand, after having soup Christine look over Ella who was quit all the time, which was weird so she spoke: "is there anything, you want to tell me?"

"Hmm... I know Christine Vatican city is your dream place, and I'm really sorry................"

"Can you please tell me the actual point"

"okay............the thing is, there got some serious problem in my company and my presence is necessary.............." Christine looked at her patiently to complete her sentence, and so Ella took a deep breath "you are new here, so....... I can't leave you here all by your own"

"What are you trying to say, Ella?"

"We have to leave tomorrow, early in the morning, I'm sorry"

"what are you sorry for?"

And she saw Ella eyes glued on her lap, so Christine placed her hand over her's "you don't have to feel sorry for anything if you had not asked me I would still choose to g with you"

And with that Ella's face brightens up, "thanks dear for understanding", "of course I would you are my friend  career is more important than this tour, if everything goes well with our jobs we can visit this place sometime else" at which Ella gave her a smile and nodded her head.

"But, Ella how will you arrange tickets in such a short time?"

"Actually I don't have to do anything, I talked to my company and they said they will take care of that, since my presence is important, and it's urgent they will handle everything" to which Christine just nodded in understanding.

Please Comment vote and share.