CHAPTER 17

"Hello! Who's this?"

"Guess it...."

Christine moves the phone from her ear and placed it in front of her eyes, gazing at the received unknown call, and then she brought the phone back to her ear and replied in with a trembling voice as she choked back her emotions.

"Anna....., is that you?"

"Good to know that.... you still recognize my voice" she replied on the other side of the line in a sarcastic tone.

Before Anna could proceed further, Christine started murmuring herself like a lunatic, "sorry......I'm really sorry, not worth to be called your friend, I'm the worst friend you would have ever known, NO! Actually, I'm the worst person you have ever known".

"Christine......Christ....." Anna tried to stop her but she keeps on murmuring herself "NO! Anna, I know you hate me and I deserve it, I'm sorry.....very sorry, how can I do this to you....., you have every right to hate me...because I deserve it".

" STOPpppp.......!" this time Anna shouts from the other side of the line and it worked because Christine  became completely silent.

"I don't get it....what are you sorry for Christine?"

Christine pauses for a second and took a deep breath before speaking "you were always there for me.....when I need a friend, but after becoming friend with Ella...I ignored you, and to some extent, you can say that I almost left you, I know I'm selfish".

"Stop it, Christine, it's enough, how can the thought me hating you invade your mind? I can never hate you and you know this."

Anna paused and sighed, which was clearly audible on the other side of the line and then spoke softly" truly speaking, I felt little bad when you started hanging out more with Ella, then me".

To which Christine just nodded her head, even if Anna can't see her through the phone.

"but you never ignored me, I don't know why you felt so..., I only felt jealous that my closest friend was spending more time with someone else..., who just entered her life and became so close in such a short period of time, but......,I was happy for you, I knew you were not comfortable in our friends group....I have noticed long time ago that you only feel comfortable in hanging out with me and not with anyone else, don't know why but I always felt like there was something , that was bothering you, but I knew you were not comfortable in sharing with me, so I never tried to force you out of your comfort zone.

I have always considered you as my best friend and it's okay, if you consider Ella as yours, because I just want you to be happy even if the reason is someone else, I came to see a new person in you whenever you are with Ella, a carefree, happy and smiling person which is the most important thing for me.

Christine are you there....., or I'm just mourning alone like a crazy person?"

"Yes Anna I'm, just listening to you"

Anna huffed "who does that dear... it's just an audio call, not a video how I will know that you are listening or just fell asleep after having my lecture"

At which they both started laughing...

"Just remember one thing Christine, never can I hate you, and will always be here for you whenever you need a friend"

"Love you Anna and thanks for being my friend"

"Stop being so formal Christine, we were a friend and always will now go get ready for your college, I'm sure your mom wakes you up till now."

"yeah.................till now" Christine chuckled.

"Okay Anna, bye for now catch you up later, and love you, dear".

"Love you too Christine" and with that, they ended up the call.

Christine took a deep breath and close her eyes "thank you, heavenly father, for blessing me with such a caring and loving friends", and with that, she was just about to lay back on the bed, but her mom called out " Honey, wake up its already time"

"Yes mom, I'm awake".

After having a conversation with Anna, she got up and started performing her usual routine; she got fresh, had breakfast then greeted her mom, before leaving for college.

At college everything was same as usual except Katherine's repeated questions" I know she is worried about me, and truly speaking I'm worried for myself but right now her questions were annoying me, I'm confused myself and wants to solve this puzzle as soon as possible but it's not that easy and she also knows that, she thinks I'm careless taking things lightly but it's not true and on top of that, now my problem is not just those dreams, but the unknown feeling have started to build inside me, of which I'm not sure about myself....it's something that I have never felt before, something that I'm not able to explain, or not ready to understand right now, and confusing and somehow frighten me".

*sorry for late update, I was out of town for training.

*hope you liked this chapter, if yes please comment, vote, share ,follow and last but not the least add in your reading list, thank you.