Tarrant 'Mad Hatter' Hightopp #1

Start from the beginning

Moments later, Hatter came back to your bedroom, with a glass of water in his hand. "Here is your water, (y/n). I hope that it is quite re—" He began to say, but, then, he tripped on the wooden floor and the water flew out of the cup and splashed all over your face. It shocked you, for a moment, but you, suddenly, found the cold water quite useful since you had a fever and the water sort of helped cool you down. "Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry, (y/n). I didn't mean to get water on your face." Hatter said, apologetically, looking ashamed. "It's okay, Hatter. It was an accident. Besides, the cold water helped cool me down a bit since I have a high fever." You said. Hatter, then, smiled. "Splendid!" He exclaimed. "You can get more water from the bathroom sink so you don't have to go back to the kitchen, Hatter." You said, pointing to the bathroom. "Excellent!" Hatter said, and, then, he headed to the bathroom.

Seconds later, he brought you back a new glass of water. He handed it to you and you took a couple of sips. It was a relief since your throat was a bit dry from being sick. "That's much better. Now, I'm gonna sleep for awhile." You said, as you snuggled under the covers, holding the sheets, tightly, above you. "But it's still day time, (y/n)." Hatter said, sounding confused. "I know, but sleeping helps, Hatter." You said, as you closed your eyes. "Oh. I see. Well, then, I will go enjoy myself a cup of tea while you sleep." Hatter said, cheerfully, and, then, he walked out of your bedroom as you were falling asleep.

***

Throughout the whole day, you rested in your bed, trying to get over your fever. Whenever you needed something, Hatter was willing to help you out, even though he had a couple of mishaps and misunderstandings. Like, when he literally brought you a can of soup after you asked him for chicken noodle soup that was in a can since he didn't know how to make soup. Even though Hatter was baffled on how to take care of someone when they're sick and had a couple of mishaps because of his clumsiness and confusion, you weren't angry with him the whole time. Him and his mishaps helped cheered you up while you were sick.

***

It was night time as you were sitting up in your bed, reading a book on how to make hats since you wanted to make hats with Hatter sometime. Even though you weren't feeling completely better, you were feeling a bit better than earlier. Drinking lots of water and had plenty of rest throughout the day was also helpful for you.

While you were reading, there was a knock at the door. "Come in." You said, looking up at the door. Then, your bedroom door opened and Hatter walked in, with a steaming teacup in his hand. "Hello, (y/n). I thought I'd make you a cup of tea. It's your favorite. Mint flavor tea with cream, sugar, and honey." He said, as he set the teacup on your nightstand. You smiled up at him as you set your book on your nightstand and said, "Aw. Thank you, Hatter. That's very sweet of you. I was actually craving for some tea right at the moment. Plus, tea will help me feel a bit better." "That's good, (y/n)." He said.

There was a short silence for a few seconds until Hatter spoke again. "Um, (y/n), I...uh, wanna say that 'I'm sorry'." He said, with a sad expression, while he removed his signature top hat. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion. "What are you 'sorry' for, Hatter?" You asked. "For my clumsiness and confusion and mistakes when I was taking care of you, (y/n). You are my dearest best friend and I wish I've known better on how to take care of you. I've never taken care of someone before in my life and I wish I didn't act like an old goof when taking care of you. I hope you're not angry with me, (y/n). I promise I'll do better next time." He explained, and, then, he lowered his head down.

"I'm not angry at all, Hatter, and you're not an old goof." You said. Hatter lifted his head up and looked at you. "Really?" He whispered. "Come here." You said, as you patted a spot on your bed close to you where Hatter can sit. Hatter, then, sat on the spot next to you. "Tarrant Hightopp, I would never be angry with you. I understand that you've never experienced this before in your life. Taking care of someone who is sick and being there when they need something. But with you, Hatter, with your confusion and clumsy mishaps, you made me feel even more better than ever. You made me smile and you made me laugh. But more importantly, you were there for me. That's what I love about you, Hatter. Your funny, mad personality makes my day every time I see you." You said.

Hatter's light green eyes, suddenly, turned into the shade of pink as he smiled and blushed after hearing your beautiful words. "Oh, my sweet (y/n). I love you." He said. Then, he did something you weren't expecting him to do. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours. You were taken by surprise, especially he kissed you while you're still sick, but you didn't let that bother you as you closed your eyes and kissed him back.

Moments later, you both, slowly, pulled away from the kiss and you both looked at each other, closely. "You love me, Hatter?" You asked, softly. "Yes, I do, (y/n)." He answered. You felt your cheeks heating up as a pink color appeared on your cheeks. "My temperature is feeling warmer than ever, Hatter." You said. "Are you alright, (y/n)? Is it another high temperature fever again?" Hatter asked, sounding concerned, as he put his hand on your forehead. You shook your head as you took his hand off your forehead and held it. "No. It's not a fever feeling. It's the feeling of being in love. I...I love you too, Hatter." You said. He smiled and he placed a kiss on your cheek. "I don't care if I get sick from you, (y/n). I'd rather express my feelings to you than avoiding them." He said, softly. You blushed and smiled even more.

Then, you let out a yawn. "I think I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm so tired. Will you cuddle with me, Hatter?" You said, as you laid down and rested your head on your pillow. "Of course, my dear." Hatter said, and, then, he laid down next to you. He wrapped his arms around you and held you close to him to keep you warm. You snuggled your head against his chest as you felt the warmth from him. "Rest, my (y/n). Sleep and have wonderful dreams." Hatter said, softly, by your ear, as he ran his fingers, gently, through your (h/l) (h/c) hair. You smiled as you closed your eyes, relaxed, and fell asleep as Hatter continued to run his fingers through your hair.