Chapter 57: Do You Trust Me?

*12 pm*

Alex's POV
"You're finally awake," I hear my girlfriend say as she walks back into my room.
"What time is it?" I ask her, rubbing my eyes.
"It's noon," she replies, sitting next to me. "Happy birthday again!"

I smile at her words. I open my arms wide and she gladly climbs into my arms. I kiss the top of her head and hold her tight.

"Thank you, beautiful," I whisper to her.
"You're so welcome. Anyway, c'mon, get up!" she tells me, trying to pull me out of bed.
"Why? I like it here in bed," I whine.
"Baby, I know you do, but I have a whole day planned for you. And we can't start our day until you get out of this bed. Now c'mon!" she said, pulling me out of bed.
"Alright fine, I'll get up," I say.

***

"So, explain to me again why do I have to be blindfolded," I say to my girlfriend.

We've been driving for the past 20 minutes because of traffic and she insisted that I wore a blindfold.

"Alex, do you trust me?" I hear her ask.
"Of course, Princess. That's not even a question," I say without hesitation.
"Then trust me on this. Just keep the blindfold on and just listen to the music and my voice," she says, gripping my thigh.

This is one of the weird occasions where she drives. I always feel odd when she's behind the wheel. Not because I don't feel safe with her driving, but because I'm always the one driving. Being seated in the passenger's seat feels a bit peculiar.

"How are you enjoying your birthday so far?" she asks.
"It's been amazing," I reply. "I got to wake up next to my favorite girl. I got to eat birthday cake for breakfast. I received an amazing birthday gift from my girlfriend. This birthday can only get better."

I see her smiling at my words. Her right-hand finds my left and she rubs her thumb over my hand.

"I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday, baby. You only deserve the best, love," she says.

***

"Ok, you can take the blindfold off!" she exclaimed. I ripped the blindfold off my face and I see we're at a go-kart track.
"Holy shit! You brought me to a go-kart track?" I asked. She giggled out of excitement.
"Yes! You love playing Mario Kart so much, I thought you might like to try the real thing. Well without all the cool items and insanely amazing tracks," she said.

I walk over to her and pull her into a hug.

"I love you," I said.
"I know," she replied, kissing my lips. "I love you too."
"So, do we have this place to ourselves?" I ask her.
"Yes, we do. For 1 hour, so let's have some fun," she exclaimed.

We both picked our go-karts and then we were taught how to drive these things. And once we got the hang of it, we began to race.

"I love you, Alex, I really do, but I'm going to beat you," Lauren says to me.
"Woah! How are you so sure you're going to win?" I asked her.
"Because I'm the better driver, duh," she said.
"Princess, sweetie, you know damn well I'm the better driver," I tell her.
"Are you delusional? I'm obviously better at driving," she argued.
"No, I am," I said back.
"Nope, it's me," she argued.

I always forget how competitive we both get.

"I guess we're gonna have to see," I said.

We both got in our go-karts and we started at the starting line. We both revved our karts and when we were told to go, we drove as fast we could.

She and I basically driving at the same pace. Well, until she passed by me. The second she did, I started to go faster so I could pass her.

Throughout all the rounds we did around the track, we were neck and neck. And when we got to the last one, we were trying so hard to beat the other. Our pride and competitiveness getting to one another. And next thing I see is my Princess speeding passed me and crossing the finish line. The second she does that, I see her put her hands up and scream.