Chapter 1: What A Life I Have

Lauren's POV
Do you ever lay down and think why did your life end up like this? Well, that's me right now.

I'm Lauren, Lauren Riihimaki and I'm 17 years old. I don't have a normal life. In my opinion it kind of sucks. I live in a foster home. And I fucking hate it. And the reason for me being in foster care is because my parents died 5 years ago.

They were in a car accident. The impact was bad. The thing was that I was in that same accident, yet I'm still here. My dad was driving and the car hit him first so he died instantly. The car turned sideways and landed on the passenger's side and the impact was so much that my mom died, then I went in a coma.

Do you know how hard it is to wake up from a coma and to find out, both your parents are dead? Extremely hard. I cried and cried and cried. All I could think about was, why them? What did they ever do to the world?

Anyway, after I was taken out of the hospital, I was put in an orphanage. Then they realized I qualified for foster care so I was taken into a foster home. But I rather be in that stupid orphanage than live in this house.

So I live with a lady named Natasha. And I fucking hate her so much. I live with her and her 2 annoying bitchy ass daughters, Monica and Maria. I hate them. They treat me as, as their own personal maid. I'm always getting yelled at by Natasha. And the Monica and Maria used to beat me up, but now I fight back, so they don't come for me anymore.

But they pull pranks on me. And Natasha, well she helps them. I can't wait until this school year is over because then I'll be going off to college and I can get away from this place.

Anyway, it's 6 am and I have school at 7:30 so I better start getting ready.

(Lauren takes a shower then after that she got ready. She did her usual routine. Then she was ready.)

(6:55 A.M.)

Alright, I'm finally ready. So I'm wearing a pink knit long sleeve with black skinny jeans. And I paired it with a jean jacket and my Adidas. Now it's time to go to hell, I mean school.

(Lauren went downstairs and was about to walk out the door, but someone had to get in the way.)

"Raggedy bitch!" Monica yelled at me. Oh c'mon!
"What do you want Monica?" I asked her.
"Where do you think you're going?" she asked me. Is she serious?
"To Tokyo. Where else? I'm going to school. You know the hell hole we go to 5 days a week," I told her.
"I meant why are you going now, idiot? My momma said she wants her morning tea," she says. Is Natasha fucking serious?
"Can't you do it. I have something I have to do before school starts so I should leave right now," I tell her.
"No. She said she wants you to do it," she says. Great.
"Ugh, fine, I'll do it," I say. I then rush to the kitchen to make Natasha's tea.

(A few minutes later, Lauren finished making the tea and went upstairs to give it to Natasha.)

"Ok here Natasha, here's your morning tea," I say while handing her the tea.
"Took you long enough," she said. Ugh, just be grateful for once.
"Ok is that it? Can I please go to school?" I ask.
"Fine. Just go. Be home by 3:30 P.M," she said.
"Whatever," I tell her.
"Clean up that attitude of yours. It's revolting," she scoffed. Yeah, so is your personality.
"Whatever, bye Natasha," I say and closed the door.

(Lauren then left the house and went to the front of her house where her best friend is waiting for her.)

"Hey Laur, what took you so long?" Angela asked.
"Sorry, Angie. The witch didn't let me leave until I gave her, her morning tea," I told my best friend.

Angela and I have been best friends since 7th grade. When I moved into this town because I moved in with Natasha and the annoying brats, I met her. And thank god I did. Because I don't know how I would've survived without her.