Chapter 49: Get A Room

(So this chapter might get emotional, just a quick warning! And Love Me by The 1975 is at the top. Also, don't let the title fool you! Ok, enjoy the chapter!)

Lauren's POV
"Can you shut the fuck up?" Monica yelled. She slapped me and then I pushed her to the ground. "How dare you push me you, bitch?"

I'm currently at home trying to escape from entering the torture chamber. It isn't going so well as of right now.

"Leave me the fuck alone, bitch!" I yell at her. I then feel the slash of the whip across my back. I freeze in shock and Natasha puts her hand over my mouth.
"Be quiet!" she yells. "God, you take the fun out of torturing you!"

I bite her finger and elbowed her stomach. She grunts and holds her stomach. I see Monica run over to her side and I ran upstairs to my room.

I grab the bag that I have for emergencies. I grab my phone and dial a number.

"Hey, can you pick me up, like right now?" I ask on the phone. I hear them say "of course" on the other side. "Ok, thank you!"

I hang up and grab my shoes. I put them on and grab my jacket. I lock my door and go to my window. I open it and climbed down.

Once I'm on the snowy ground, I put my jacket on. I start running a bit as I look for her car.

When I do find her car, I run towards it and get inside.

"Hey Mariah, thank you for picking me up," I told her as I buckle in.
"Yeah, of course, Lauren. Anytime," she tells me. I then check my phone and it's vibrating from Natasha and Monica calling and texting me.

I decline all their calls and ignore their text messages.

"So, how come you called me to pick you up?" Mariah asked me.
"Can't I just hang out with one of my friends?" I asked.
"Well, yeah. It's just you sounded a bit, off when you called. Is everything ok at home?" she asked. And I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

What do I say? "Oh, I had just ran from my foster mother and sister because they were about to lock me in the torture chamber in our home. And she was about to whip the life out of me."

Yeah no.

"I just needed to get out of my house for a bit. I was just having a little argument with my foster mother. I just needed some time to cool off," I lied. That seems more realistic than the truth.
"Oh, I understand that. Sometimes my mom and I fight so I get out of the house for a couple of hours. So anyway, what do you wanna do?" she asked me. And I honestly didn't know.

I just wanted to get away from home and I didn't want to be alone. I honestly don't really care.

"Whatever you want. What were you going to do before you picked me up?" I asked her. She turned on her turn signal and she spoke.
"I was actually going to go home. I just got out of volleyball practice so, I'm gonna head home," she explains.
"We can I hang out at your place," I told her.
"Alright, I guess I'll drive home," she said.

She turned up the music and Love Me by The 1975 played.

(You can play the song now.)

"Is this Love Me by The 1975?" I asked her and she nodded. "I fucking love this song!"
"I do too!" she exclaimed.