Chapter 30: If Only

(Don't play the song yet. I'll let you know when to play it. Also, thank you heyyy_julie for suggesting this song. Enjoy the chapter.)

Alex's POV
I wake up and I move my gaze to the beautiful girl peacefully sleeping on my chest. I watch her hold me tightly around my torso. And my left arm wrapped around her waist. I looked out at her window and I watch the sunlight glow beautifully on her face.

The fact that I'm laying down with this beautiful girl resting her pretty little head on my chest, doesn't feel real. It feels like a dream. A dream I never want to wake up from.

I just want to lay here forever. If only that can happen. If only I could wake up with her in my arms every day. If only she could be with me and we could be something real. If only she could call me hers and I could call her mine.

If only.

But I can't. This perfect dream, this perfect life I wish I had, it doesn't exist. It'll never exist.

This girl is too important to me. I care about her too much. I love her too much.

Wait no. Scratch that!

I'm in love with her. I'm falling in love with Lauren. And I'm falling hard. Very hard.

I could never bring her into my bullshit of a life. I have too much in my life to deal with. I don't want her dealing with it as well. I could never do that to her. I couldn't.

Which is why we could never be together. It can never happen. No matter how much it's going to kill me. I can't.

(Lauren then moves and fixes her position and her cheek is now resting on Alex's abdomen.)

Even if this relationship won't happen. Not like it would have. Lauren just sees me as a friend. But I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

(Alex started humming a tune and then started actually singing.|You can now play the song.)

"Sunrise with you on my chest, No blinds in the place where I live, Daybreak open your eyes, 'Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night, Still, we're changing our minds here, Be yours, be my dear," Alex sung.

(Alex was going to sing some more, but someone started waking up.)

"Good morning, Alex," she yawned. What an adorable yawn it was.
"Good morning, Princess," I said to the beautiful girl. "How did you sleep? Well, whatever you slept after our talk."
"I slept pretty good. Sorry, I woke you up last night," she apologized.
"It's ok, Princess. You had a nightmare. I'm actually glad I was here to comfort you," I told her.
"Well thank you," she said. She lifted herself from off my chest and grabbed her phone. "Oh shit, it's 6:02! I should hop in the shower." She then got off the bed and went to her closet.
"Do you mind if I join you?" I asked, smirking. Don't judge me, I couldn't help it.
"Did you really have to ruin the moment?" she asked and I just laughed.

I watched her grab an outfit that I'm guessing she picked out last night. She then grabbed a towel and walked to her bathroom door.

"Alright, I'm gonna shower. Don't do anything bad in here," she said.
"Well if you want to keep an eye on me, I can join you so you could watch me," I suggested. I then got up from the bed and her eyes were on me. "I know that in the shower, you can have a better look at me." I then moved her hair from off her shoulder. I got closer to her and whispered in her ear, "A way better look."

She looked at me. She looked stunned and her cheeks started turning pink. Awww, I made her blush.

"You stay here, Alex. I'm gonna shower. Alone. I'll be out in a bit," she said as she started walking into the bathroom.
"Don't worry, Princess, I'll wait for you," I assured her. I then sent her a wink. She rolled her eyes while shaking her head, but then she sent me a smile.