Chapter 22: No, By Casper

Lauren's POV
"Why can't you just tell me where you're taking me?" I asked him.
"Because I told you that it's a surprise," he deadpanned.
"Oh c'mon, Alex. Please just tell me," I pleaded.
"Nope. I'm sorry, Princess, but I can't tell you," he said.
"Why not?" I asked him.
"Because it's a surprise! Now can you just stop. You aren't going to know until we get there," he said.
"Ugh, fine," I groaned. I turned toward the window and watched everything we passed.

I do this a lot, for some reason. I guess it relaxes me.

"Princess, are you mad at me?" Alex asked. I didn't turn towards him. I wasn't mad, but I was annoyed. "Can you please look at me?"

I turn to face him and I see he's glancing at me with his sparkling brown eyes.

"Ok, I'm looking at you. Now can I go back to my thoughts?" I asked.
"Are you mad at me?" he asked me. He then removed his gaze from me and moved it back to the road.
"I'm not mad, just annoyed," I deadpanned.
"By me?" he asked.
"No, by Casper," I deadpanned. And he laughed. At least he recognized the sarcasm.
"Ok, ok. How about now?" he asked. I turned to see that he's doing that incredibly charming smile.
"Still annoyed," I said, trying to keep a straight face. Keyword, trying.
"Princess, are you sure? Because it kind of looks like you're trying to hide a smile," he said. Like I said, I was trying to keep a straight face. I did not succeed.
"Ok, maybe I'm not anymore," I said and he looked happy.
"Thank god," he said and I laughed.

He kept on driving and all I did was wonder where the hell he was taking me.

And then he finally pulled up to a parking lot.

"And we are here," he said.
"Finally," I said and he laughed. "So where did you bring me?"
"You'll see," he said and smirked.

We got off the car and started walking towards the building. Alex opened the door for me and then I entered with him behind me. We walk a bit more inside and I realized where we were.

"You brought me to a-" he cut me off.
"Yup," he said, popping the p. "I brought you to a paintballing place."
"What the hell!" I exclaimed.
"Are you ready?" he asked me.
"No, I've never been paintballing before," I said.
"Don't worry, Princess, it's not that hard. All you have to do is shoot with the paintball gun," he said.
"Idiot, I know that, but don't they hurt?" I asked.
"Yeah, but what, are you scared to get your ass beat in a paintball match against me?" he challenged. Oh hell no.

One thing he has been learning about me is that I'm very competitive. I don't back down from a challenge.

"In your dreams, Burriss," I said and walked forward.
"Well let's find out, Riihimaki," he taunted. I'm not going to lie, but Alex sounds so hot when he gets competitive. But I'll never admit it to his face. He'll never let it go.

We got the vests and the paintball guns. Then we got ready and got into our positions. Let the game begin.

"Are you sure you want to go against me, Princess? I don't want you crying when I beat you later," he teased. I then laughed.
"You got us mixed up, Jerk. I may have never paintballed before, but that doesn't mean I can't kick your ass in it," I said.
"Last chance, Riihimaki," he teased.
"Let's just start this shit, Burriss," I said.

And we started. The place we're at, there were obstacles that move. Basically to make it harder. There was a red light and when it turned green, the game had started.

Once I saw that red light turn green, I immediately ran and tried looking for him. And then I heard the first shot, it was right near where I was. It was blue.

He was close.

"Where are you, Princess?" he called out. I was trying to move around without making a sound.