Chapter 35: Everything Hurts

(Warning: This chapter is sad! I'm being dead serious! Also, I'm sorry if I make you cry. Also, don't play the song yet. I'll let you know when to play it. Enjoy the chapter!)

*Previously on Laurex ~ A Cinderella Story*

"Oh, well maybe you should tell him," Damien suggested.
"Damien, we aren't even talking. I haven't spoken to him in over 3 weeks. I don't even know what to say," I said truthfully.
"Maybe just try with saying hi," he said.
"I don't even know if I want to talk to him," I said.
"You do," Damien said.
"And how do you know that?" I asked him.
"Because you're in love with him too," he said.

Lauren's POV
Wait, how does he know? Wait, if he knows, does that mean Alex knows too?

Oh shit.

"How do you know?" I asked him.
"Well, it's kind of obvious," he said. Shit.
"Does Alex know?" I asked him.
"About you being in love with him?" he asked and I nodded. "No."

Phew.

"Oh ok," I said, relieved.
"He's oblivious like you," he said. The fuck?
"Excuse me?" I asked sounding offended.
"I'm sorry, but it's true. I may not know you very well, but from what Alex has said about you, he's in love with you. And I can tell you feel the same way about him," he said.
"But if he really loved me, why doesn't he tell me?" I asked.
"You should ask the same question about you telling him how you feel about him," Damien said.

And he has a point.

"Touché," I responded. "So he has no idea?"
"No. He doesn't even know I'm here right now," he said.
"Where is he?" I asked him.
"He's doing something," he responded.
"Thanks, that totally helps," I said sarcastically. Damien then laughed.
"Alex did say you were very sarcastic. And before you ask, no, I don't know what he is doing. I don't even know exactly know where he is. He didn't want to tell me. He said I'm too young to know," Damien said sadly.
"How do you know Alex?" I asked him.

Damien then went into deep thought. Probably trying to remember.

"Basketball team. I'm on the basketball team at school," he said.
"I've been to all the games to support the school and Alex. I've never seen you play," I said.
"That's because I'm on the bench. Coach hasn't given me any game time," he said.

Awe, poor kid.

"Damn, I'm sorry. That sucks. Also, how old are you?" I asked him.
"14. I'm turning 15 in April," he replied.
"Wow. Did you come here just to talk to me?" I asked him.
"Yup," he responded.
"How did you know I'd be here?" I asked him.
"Alex talks about 'Ella' as well. He said that she usually goes to The Luxe on Friday and Saturday nights with her friends. I just told an uber to drop me off here," he stated.
"Well, you found me. But there has to be more you are going to talk to me about, huh?" I asked him and he nodded.

He stood in front of me and took a deep breath.

"Alex didn't mean to hurt you," he started off. And my smile slipped away.
"And how do you know that?" I asked.
"Because he didn't. He didn't want to distance himself from you. He said that was one of the hardest decisions he had to make. But he also said it was a good one, even though it was painful," he said.
"What for him?" I asked, sounding a bit hurt.
"You don't understand how much he loves you. He loves and cares about you so much, Lauren. He misses you. He came to my house yesterday, crying. He said he saw you run to the restroom in tears and hyperventilating. And that broke his heart," Damien mentioned.

Yesterday I had an anxiety attack at school. I saw Alex and he had his arm around a girl and making her giggle. It broke me.

It hurt me so much that my anxiety was triggered. It was awful. Luckily I didn't faint, but still, it was bad.