Chapter 25: Like A Date?

Lauren's POV
After I dropped each of the girls home, I went home. Once I entered my room, I locked the door and window and threw myself on my bed.

What the hell happened tonight?

I was at the club with the girls and Alex was there. I danced with him and we talked and then there was a shooting. Like what the fuck?

He tried to make sure I was ok. And he did. He had me leave as soon as he found me. He made sure I made it to safety.

After I dropped off the girls, everything came back to me. The gunshots were scary. I've heard gunshots very faintly, but never in person. Let alone in the same room, I'm in.

I laid down in my bed and I couldn't sleep. It's now 3:44 am and I can't sleep. I'm wide awake and it sucks. Every time I close my eyes, my eyes open up again.

I haven't felt like this in a while. Last time I went through this was when I had insomnia.

In case you don't know what insomnia is, basically, it's a mental disorder of when you can't sleep. You have difficulty in sleeping. If you do sleep you'll sleep like between 2-4 hours, if you're lucky. Insomnia is linked with stress and anxiety and sometimes even depression. I hated insomnia when I had it. I remember I was on sleeping pills and I hated those. I hated the fact that I was depending on pills for sleeping. (I, unfortunately, know a lot about insomnia because well I am currently dealing with it. I was taking pills but I didn't want to depend on them, so I stopped taking them. Not the smartest idea, but whatever.)

So I think I'm relapsing again.

Welp this is going to be a long night.

(Lauren tossed and turned. She even got up for a bit and tried to tire herself out. She did what she did until she gave up and found her old sleeping pills. She took her pills and went back to bed. The pills finally kicked in at 5:36 am.)

The thing about sleeping pills is that sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. It is currently 8:49 am and I'm already awake.

I slept 3 hours. And the sad part about insomnia is that I feel fully energized when I only got 3 hours of sleep. It makes no sense, but what makes sense these days? (So true.)

Anyway, I got out of bed and went to the restroom. I did what I needed to do and I came back out a few minutes later. Once I was out, I started fixing my bed. Then I cleaned up my room a bit and went downstairs.

I started cleaning here and there before Natasha tells me. On Sundays, she usually wakes up around 11 am and so does the bratty twins. So I have time to go to the grocery store.

(Lauren goes back upstairs and changes her clothes. Then she heads to the garage and grabs car keys.)

Ok, so Natasha has like 3 cars and each twin has a car. I'm the only one without a car. Natasha said I can use one of her cars for running errands. Basically, it's the car she cares the least about.

I already have a license, I'm just carless. Anyway, to the grocery store!

So on my way to the grocery store, I was just listening to music. I've always been a very careful driver. I don't want anyone getting hurt on the road. I don't think I could ever be ok with seeing that again. Ever.

Anyway, as I was singing along to the song that was playing, very badly, I was interrupted by a call. I see my phone light up to the name: Alex|The Cocky Jerk.