Chapter 33: I Prefer This Position Too

(Don't play the song yet. I'll tell you when to play it. Just a heads up, this is a really cute chapter. Also, don't let the title of the chapter fool you. Just letting you know, lol. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!)

Lauren's POV
As I was finishing up my homework, I heard a knock at my window. And I knew exactly who it was.

I get up from my desk and I walk towards the window. I open my curtains and it reveals an Alex holding onto my house. Idiot. I then open up my window.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" I asked him.
"I came here to see you. Look, Princess, I'm really sorry I couldn't explain why I left today," he apologized.
"It's fine, I guess," I replied as I walked away from him.
"No, it's not fine. If it was fine, then I wouldn't have received a call not that long ago from Angela saying that you had an anxiety attack and I triggered it," he tells me. I looked down and my eyes began to become glossy. He then pulls me in for a hug. "Don't cry, Princess."

I begin to let out tiny sobs. I hate crying in front of people because I don't want anyone to feel pity for me. But not everyone is like that. One of those people is Alex.

I cry into his chest. I feel so bad for wetting his shirt, but he's probably gonna be like, "it's fine". I know that especially since he's caressing my hair and rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry, for ruining your shirt," I said as I lifted my head from his chest. He then wiped my tears with the pads of his thumbs.
"It's ok, Princess. But I should be the one apologizing. I'm so sorry Princess. I never wanted to trigger your anxiety. I feel so ashamed for doing that," he said.
"No, it's fine, Alex. I just need to control my anxiety," I said.
"Yeah, but I shouldn't be making a beautiful girl cry either," he said. He then kissed the top of my head. "I'm really sorry, baby girl."

I was internally screaming inside when he called me that. He's never addressed me as "baby girl", it felt different. But a good different.

"It's ok," I told him.
"Are you ok?" he asked me. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes.
"Yeah, I am. Thank you," I said, touching his cheek. He put his hand over my hand that's cradling his cheek.
"Anything for you, Princess," he said. He then gently pulled my hand down and kissed the top of it.

I love the little things that he does. He makes my heart flutter and feel this some type of way. I guess this is what love does to a person.

"So are we cool?" he asked me and I nodded. He then smiled and so did I. "So Princess, what were you doing before I came in?"
"I was just finishing up homework," I replied.
"Have you finished yet?" he asked.
"Yeah, I just need to put my stuff away," I told him.
"So are you tired?" he asked.
"Um, no," I replied. What does this boy have planned?
"C'mon, put your shoes and let's go," he said.
"Go where?" I asked him.
"Don't worry about it. C'mon, let's go!" he exclaimed, opening my window.
"Can I change into something a bit more comfortable, first?" I asked him.
"Yeah, sure. Go ahead," he said.

I then went to my closet and grabbed my black Nike joggers and my Harvard hoodie and a bra-let. I changed in the restroom and then I put my hair in a high ponytail. I walked out and put on my white Nikes.

"Alright, let's go," I told him.
"Ok, Princess, after you," he said.

I climbed down and then I waited for him to come down. I was trying so hard to hold in a laugh since he almost fell, twice.

"Alex, how many times have you done that?" I asked him, laughing.
"This would be my 6th time climbing in or out of your window. Why?" he asked.
"Because I would think you would be better at climbing in and out of that window by now, but I guess not," I said and then I laughed. I saw his expression and I ran.
"Hey, get back here!" he yelled and came running after me.