Chapter 46: He Always Noticed

(This chapter might get a bit emotional. Just a quick warning. Nothing bad happens, it's just sad content, but also happy content. You'll see why. Anyway enjoy the chapter!)

Lauren's POV
I flutter my eyes open and my gaze landed on my boyfriend who is peacefully sleeping. I quietly get out of his grasp and get out of bed to go to the restroom.

When I get out, I open the curtains a bit to let in some light. I crawl back into bed and grab my phone. Alex stirred a bit but got more comfortable, turning on his side a bit. He put his arm around me, pulling me closer to his warm body.

I turned on my phone and it says it's 10:44 am. I feel weird waking up at this time considering I always wake up early, but I needed to get some sleep.

I stayed in bed, using my phone and then played with Alex's hair. And after a while, he started fluttering his eyes open.

"Good morning Alex," I said, fixing his bed hair. He rubbed his eyes and sat up against the headboard, facing me.
"Good morning beautiful," he says, sending me his goofy smile. "How did you sleep, love?"
"I slept good, and you?" I asked him.
"I slept good as well. So we're in 2019?" he asked me and I nodded. "Wow, a new year with my girl."
"I know right. Alright, I'm gonna go make breakfast," I said.

I got out of bed and started walking downstairs. And I hear footsteps behind me.

"Don't make breakfast," I hear Alex say.
"Why?" I asked him. I turned around to face him.
"You always cook. You need a break, baby," he said. God, he's so sweet.
"Ok, but what are we gonna eat?" I asked him.
"I'll post mate us food from the diner," he said.
"Aww, really?" I asked and he nodded. "Ok, I guess I'm not cooking today."

He smiled and snaked his arms around my waist and pressed me against his chest. He kissed my lips and then let me go.

He walked to the couch and I followed him. We both sat down and he turned on the tv. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked me. He pushed the guide button and started looking through the channels.
"Let's see what's on," I said.

We looked through the channels and we decided on watching The Hate U Give. One of my favorite books/movies. A book I've read about 4 times and a movie that will make me cry every single time I watch it.

Eventually, we paused the movie when our food arrived. Alex got up to get it and he took it to the dining room.

"Alex, we can eat in here. Bring the food over here to the living room," I tell him as I get up from the couch. He lets go of the bag and walks over to me.
"Are you sure, baby?" he asked me, grabbing both of my hands.
"Yeah. And besides, if we eat in the dining room then we can't watch the movie," I told him and he chuckled.
"Yeah, you're right. I'll bring the food," he tells me. He kissed my cheek and went to grab the bag of food and brought it over to the coffee table.

We got comfortable on the carpet and took out the food from the bag. I un-paused the movie and we enjoyed our food.

*Once The Hate U Give is over*

"Wow, that was such a powerful movie," I hear Alex say.
"Yeah, it was. There's a reason why I love it so much. It's such an amazing film. The book was just as amazing," I said.
"So, what do you usually do on New Year's Day?" my boyfriend asked me.

He rubbed my side slowly and caressed my hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.  Then I remembered he asked me a question.

"Oh fuck, you asked me a question," I rambled. He let out a soft laugh and shook his head.
"It's ok, sweetheart. Now go on. So what do you do?" he asked.
"Well, this might sound a bit bizarre, but I actually go to the cemetery," I blurted out.