Chapter 54: I'm The Ultimate Pro

Alex's POV
"Angie," I say as I get to her locker. She was talking to Alyssa and Taylor.
"Oh hey Alex, what's up?" she says.
"Why didn't Lauren come to school today?" I asked her. She then furrowed her brows.
"I was kind of hoping you would know the answer to that question," she said.

Ok, so her best friend doesn't know why she stayed home. And Lauren hasn't answered any of my messages that I've sent her. I think I should be worried.

"So all three of you don't know why she didn't come," I asked them and they shook their heads.
"Lauren, just texted Angie saying to not pick her up. Lauren said she's super sick. She's so sick that she's stuck in bed," Taylor explained.
"But we know that even when she's sick, she always comes to school. She rather be here than at home," Alyssa mentioned.
"I'm gonna try calling her," I said and walked away.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and called her.

I call her, she doesn't answer. I call her again, she doesn't answer. I call her again, and she answers after the third ring.

L- Hello?

Just hearing her soft voice makes me feel relieved.

A- Hey Princess
L- Hi baby!

I can practically hear the smile in her voice. I smile as well.

A- Sweetheart, how come you didn't come to school?
L- I'm not feeling too well, I feel awful
A- You sound fine right now
L- That's because the sound of your voice always makes me feel better

My smile grows at her words.

A- Aww, well if you feel sick, why don't I come over and help you feel better?
L- No, it's ok. I don't want you to get sick.
A- Princess, I don't care if I get sick, I just want you to feel better.

I hear her take in a deep breath.

L- Baby, I just don't want to you skip school because of me. You can't be skipping anymore.
A- But Princess
L- No buts, you can come to check up on me after school, if you can.
A- Ok fine, I'll wait till after school.
L- Good boy

I hear her giggle. Her giggle is the most adorable thing in the world.

A- I hope you feel better, Princess.
L- I'll try. Bye love!
A- Bye Princess

I hear her blow me a kiss through the phone and I pretend to catch it. And when I do, I smile because that never gets old.

L- Did you catch it?

I can hear the smile in her voice.

A- Of course, sweetheart.
L- Ok good. Anyway, bye for real this time.
A- Ok bye love
L- Bye! I love you, Alex!
A- I love you too.

We hang up and a smile is still on my face because I can picture her right now under the covers smiling as well. And just imagining her smiling, makes my smile grow.

I'm going to struggle with paying attention today. But then again, when do I ever pay attention?

***

I get through the day even if the only thing on my mind was my beautiful Princess. Thankfully the school day is over and I can go check up on her. So I get in my car and drive to her house.

***

I pull up in front of her house and I grab my phone to text her.

Me:
<< Princess, I'm here

A few seconds later, she responds.

My Princess ❤️:
>> Ok, baby
>> Are you going to come through the window or the front door?