Chapter 23: What Are We?

Lauren's POV
I wake up with a huge grip on me. I didn't think much of it until I saw hands around my waist. I then turned my head and saw a sound asleep Alex. He had his head leaning on my shoulder. And then last night replayed in my head.

I remembered everything from yesterday. Everything. Everything up until we went asleep. I remember us having our backs facing each other. How did we end up with him spooning me?

It felt a bit weird, but I liked it. I felt safe in his arms.

I stayed where I was for a few minutes and then I had the urge to pee. I tried getting out of his grip, but that just made him grip me tighter.

"Alex! Let me go!" I whispered. I hear him groan and he pulled me closer to his bare chest. And that is when I realized he was shirtless and my heart started beating faster.
"Stay please," I hear him mumble.
"Alex, I need to pee. Let me go," I pleaded. He finally let me go and I rushed to the bathroom. But I heard him say one last thing.
"When you're out, come back to bed."

A few minutes later, I finished my business and I opened the door for my room. Once the door was open, I was greeted by an Alex who was sitting up against my headboard, with his phone in his hands. His hair was a bit messy but still looked good. And I had a better view of his abs. He then looked up and his eyes met mine. He flashed me a smile and he opened his arms up.

"Come here," he said.
"Are you serious?" I asked him.
"I wasn't kidding about you coming back to bed with me," he said. I shook my head but I walked into his arms. "Welcome back, Princess."

Alex then fixed our position. He slouched a little and then my head was laying on his chest. He then pulled the hair tie out of my hair and began to play with it.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I faced him. I can hear his heartbeat begin to pick up.
"Just playing with your hair, by the way, it's really soft," he said.
"Thanks," I said.
"You're welcome, Princess. So how did you sleep?" he asked me.
"I slept good actually," I said. Surprisedly I didn't have any nightmares. I had a good night sleep. (Can't relate.)
"That's good, Princess," he said.
"How did you sleep?" I asked him.
"I slept well also," he replied.
"Good. So quick question, how did we go from having our backs facing each other to you spooning me?" I asked him.
"I don't know. But all I know is that I move a lot in my sleep," he chuckled.
"I do too, but that's never happened to me before," I said.
"Are you saying you've had another man in your bed before me?" he asked, smirking. And my cheeks flushed red.
"No!" I exclaimed. And he started laughing.

He then started pinching my cheeks lightly.

"Awww is my Princess blushing?" he asked me, still pinching my cheeks. I then swatted his hands away.
"Stop pinching my cheeks, Alex," I said.
"Sorry, Princess. You're just too cute when you're blushing, I just couldn't resist," he said and I smiled.

This is sweet and all, but I'm confused. What is this? What would you call whatever Alex and I are or have? I know this is definitely more than a friendship, but we aren't dating either.

What are we?

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" he asked me. Us.
"Oh, nothing," I lied.
"You sure? You looked like you were really thinking of something," he said.
"Oh no, I just spaced out," I lied again.
"Ok, so do you have any new drawings you want to show me?" he asked.
"Why do you always want to see my drawings?" I asked.
"Because your drawings are amazing and I love to see them," he said and I blushed.
"Alright hold up, let me get my sketchbook," I told him.

I got up from the bed and walked towards my desk to grab my sketchbook. As I was walking, as always Alex made a perverted comment.

"You know, you should wear those shorts more often. They really give me a show," he said. I grabbed my sketchbook and looked at him.
"Oh c'mon. You've been sweet and adorable all morning and you just had to ruin it," I joked.
"Oh, so you think I'm adorable now?" he asked, smirking.
"Really? That's what you got out of what I said?" I asked him as I sat near him on my bed.
"Yeah, pretty much. So let me see your drawing," he said.
"Alright fine, here it is. It's something I drew the other day while I was bored in class," I told him.

(This is probably one of my lamer drawings lol

(This is probably one of my lamer drawings lol. I was bored in my Project Advisory on Thursday since I was in there for 3 1/2 hours and I drew this.)

"It's not that much. It's kind of lame in my opinion," I said.
"No, it's not. It's cute, just like you," he said. He then kissed my temple.

Little things like that make me wonder, what the hell are we?

"Thanks, Alex, but it's still lame," I told him.
"No it's not," he argued.
"Yes, it is," I argued back.
"No it's not," he shot back.
"Yes, it is, just like me," I said.
"You are not lame," he said to me.
"How do you know?" I asked him.
"Because you're one of the coolest girls that I know," he said.
"Are you lying to me, Alex?" I asked him.
"I told you, I wouldn't lie to you. And I meant," he said.

He got really close to me. He was holding both sides of my face in his hands.

"Why do you say things like that to yourself?" he asked me. 
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"Like you saying you're lame. You've called yourself ugly before as well. Why do you fall into what Natasha, Monica, and Maria want you to feel? They want you to bring yourself down," he says.
"Yeah, I know. But it makes sense. I am lame. I am ugly. I'm a lot of things, Alex-" he cut me off.
"Yes, you are. There are so many words I can use to describe you, but lame and ugly aren't even close. You're smart, you're beautiful wait no, beautiful doesn't even justify your beauty. You're gorgeous, you're funny, you're talented, you're artistic, you're so many things, Lauren. So many things, beautiful," he said. He then leaned a little forward and pulled me a little closer to him. Our lips were inches apart, but it's never a good time to kiss. He received a call. "Goddamnit!"
"Answer it. It's ok," I told him.
"Ok, give me a minute," he said and I nodded.

He got up from my bed and answered the call. He was pacing around the room. It looked like whatever the other person was saying was stressing him out.

After a few minutes of pacing, he hung up. And then he walked over to get his shirt from the floor.

"I have to go, Princess," he said as he put his shirt back on.
"Oh ok," I said.
"I'm sorry. I wish I could stay longer, but I have some shit to deal with," he said.
"It's ok, Alex. Things come up. I understand," I told him.
"Thank you for being so understanding," he said and then he kissed my forehead.

He put his shoes on and grabbed his phone. I walked him downstairs. Considering it's still early and it's a Saturday so no one else is awake but him and I. Once we get to the door he stops me.

"Thank you for letting me crash for the night. I totally owe you one," he said.
"Alex, you don't owe me anything. You can come stay here anytime you want," I told him.
"Thank you," he said. He kissed my cheek and started walking away. He then yelled, "I'll talk to you later. Bye, Princess!"
"Bye Alex!" I yelled back.

I then closed the door and locked it. What the hell just happened?

***
Hopefully, you enjoyed this chapter. This chapter was short since it was a filler chapter. This was actually really cute. This came out way sweeter and more adorable than I planned.  So what did you think of this chapter? I'm thinking about doing Alex's POV for the next chapter, but I don't know. So how are you guys? How has been your day been going? Let me know in the comments. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️! mKay Bye!

— Citlaly

(Word Count: 1,503)