"Kyle, schools canceled. The whole apartment is on lockdown. Wheres Elliot?" The girl said, her face filled with worry.

Kyle looked at his sister, "He left early today. Why what's wrong?"

"Someone let a tiger loose in the city, but nobody knows who or why We need to find him, he could get hurt, he could die!" The girl said Kyles's face became a replica of his sisters. Roman and Virgil had exchanged looks between each other. Had Deceit done this? That wasn't really his style, he liked people to know it was him causing the destruction. It could, of course, be a different supervillain, Remus and Deceit weren't the only ones in the city, but they were the main ones.

Both kids moved to push past Roman and Virgil, but they caught them each before they could go. "Carly calm down!" Roman yelled as the girl tried to kick free of Roman, "It's going to be okay, but you need to stay inside. If you go after Elliot you could all be hurt."

"He's our brother!" Kyle yelled as he tried to push Virgil off of him, "We need to save him! Let us go!" Kyle suddenly punched Virgil and he doubled over, releasing the frantic kid.

"Kyle! Stop! Virgil, are you okay?" Roman had grabbed Kyle's arm, now holding one kid in each hand. Virgil nodded. "Listen to me, both of you. If you go outside, there is no guarantee you will find Elliot and stay safe. Yes he could be hurt, yes he could die, but so could you. What would your mother tell you? She's a 911 dispatcher right? She would tell you to stay calm and stay in the house."

"We can't just leave him out there," One of them said

"I'll go find Elliot" Roman told them, "You two are going to go up to my apartment with Virgil. You're going to wait for Elliot and me to come back, and after that, we're going to wait till your mom or your aunt get home okay?" The twins nodded and Roman let them both go. "Good, stay here for a second I need to tell Virgil something"

Roman pulled Virgil a few feet away from the twins, far enough so they couldn't hear them, but close enough so if they changed their minds they could catch up easily. "Virgil, you're going to take the kids upstairs, you're going to find my phone, and you're going to call Logan. Tell him whats going on."

"What if it's Deceit? What if he finds me? He's smart Roman, I can't fight him, and if he finds me-"

"He's not going to find you. Lock the door behind you-"

"Locked doors don't stop him, Roman"

"Virgil, calm down If the kids see you freaking out they're going to freak out too. I'll find Elliot and I'll come back. If Deceit comes, he won't get past me. It's going to be okay. Alright?" Roman asked, Virgil, nodded, "Good, and don't leave the apartment until one of us gets back. I'm trusting you okay? If you leave, or you hurt those kids-"

"I won't." Virgil said, "I wouldn't that"

"Good, now take the kids upstairs," Roman said before he ran down the stairs to try and find Elliot.

Virgil turned to the twins now. Carly was crying, her breathing was really shallow and Kyle was trying to calm her down. Virgil approached the kids, he knew how Carly felt. "I can't breathe," Carly said as Virgil walked up to them.

"What's wrong with her? Is she dying?" Kyle asked him

"No. She's going to be okay." Virgil said, "Carly, deep breaths okay? I can help you, but we need to get to safety first. Let's go upstairs like Roman said. I'm going to touch you now okay?" Virgil asked. Carly nodded and Virgil gently placed a hand on her back, carefully leading her upstairs as Kyle followed.

"I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe?" Carly asked him as they walked up the stairs. Virgil's and Kyles shoes making heavy noises as they walked upstairs, Carly hadn't put her shoes on yet and her mismatched socks softened her steps

We Can be Heroes {Sanders Sides Superhero AU}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara