🕊️SR 33

Hazel James

We boarded the plane with Fredo behind me. With how we walking I was sure my ass was almost in face. I could also have sworn that he was checking it out as it swayed. I wouldn't blame him though. He wasn't the only one. I had caught his bodyguards in the act blatantly staring at my ass and whispering to each other.

I took a seat near the window and took my hair in a loose bun. I had traded my everyday heels for flats today. I felt a presence beside me and saw Fredo take his seat.

"Mr. Lamberto, what-" "Call me Fredo." He cut me off.
It was time I laid down some ground rules. "Mr. Lamberto I want to make woes known. Whatever that has happened the past few days is highly inappropri-"

"Don't pretend you didn't like it." He spat. "Mr. Lamberto I don't know if you're always this straightforward with your employees but with due respect I have no feelings towards you. My heart belongs to someone else and it can never be you. Hopefully when you overcome this we can still be friends?" I gave him a brief smile.

He nodded. "Umm, I don't know if your father told you but my contract is up and I'll be leaving for New York soon after this trip."

"You don't get it Hazel, do you?" He asked sighing and closed his eyes.

Fredo Lamberto

Was I that unlucky in love? When Hazel first came to this company I knew I had feelings for her on her 2 week in the company. But now when she said that her heart belonged to someone else I felt like beating someone.

"Let's be honest here, how old are you?" She chuckled, "I'm 28, single, no kids. Sorry for lying earlier."

Before Hazel I had been in love with a woman who was older than me who had destroyed me in the worst way possible when she tried to sleep with my mom in her sleep. I always fell in love with women who did not want me.

"Hazel, I liked you even before you knew me. But if fate doesn't want us together then I have nothing or no say in the matter. Whoever who holds your heart better be worth it or I will take you for myself." She laughed lightly.

"But that doesn't mean I'll stop flirting with you so you can see what you left."

"Mr. Lamb-" I cut her off. "Aren't we friends? Call me Fredo but never call me Fred."

"Okay then. Fredo. So now that we have cleared up our issues. What brings us to Italy?" My father had already told me of Hazel's contract being over and her leaving so he sent us on this trip to see whether I would be able to woo her and make her develop feelings for me.

Well, that wasn't happening. Was I that cursed that no female wanted me in her future? Surely it was no longer about looks
"We have a business conference at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Many business people will be in attendance. After that we will have an after party for us to socialize." I nodded.

"When we land we're going straight to the hotel for a change and then go for the meeting. A 5 hour meeting to be precise. The party is tomorrow night." She nodded brushing her stray curls out of her face. I loved her hair.

"You know, your hair was the first thing that caught my eye when I first saw you. You really confuse me Hazel. Is it that you don't see how men lust after you or are you just ignorant."

"Many are not worth my time." She simply responded. I took out my laptop and started on some work while she leaned her head on the armrest. She had already completed all her work. Which reminds me. "So what are your plans after this? As in now that you're leaving Lamberto Law Firm?"

She sat up. "I would really love to open my own law firm. I'm tired of working for people. I want to be my own boss."

I knew she would refuse anyway but it didn't hurt to ask. "I can help you if you like. And before you interrupt with how independent you are and you have your own money. I know a person who can help you with the startup. I'll just give you his contact. He stays in New York but he'll be in Rome for the event."

"Thank you really Fredo. I know I just met you but my gut tells me you're a good friend and person. Hopefully you will be a great husband to your future wife." But I want you. I wanted to add. "I know you're not fully over those feelings but you will soon enough. Sorry if I sound heartless but love isn't just for me."

"Can I ask you something?" I said. "Go ahead."

"Why do you always push people away?" She took a deep breath and looked out the window. "It's hurts when you give people your all but in the end it backfires on you. But the even more funny thing is when your heart refuses to forget them. The irony."

I hoped the man who hurt Hazel like this was worthy of her. Even though he hurt her she still loved him. Why couldn't she love me instead?"

Hey guys,
Long time. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. I'm slowly recovering but I've not been cleared yet.
The breathing difficulty has reduced.
I'm so bored to my wits though.
Here's an update to keep you entertained.
Vote and comment.
I'll update soon.💕
Stay safe.