🕊️SR 23

Conrad Knight

I decided to come back to work. Cole and Chris had been taking turns over the past year to make sure it was up and running smoothly. My employees were all shocked to see me.

Rose, Chris and Cole were already my office when I came in. "It's so good to see you back man. Though things will never be the same." Cole said as he gave me a bro hug.

"You know I really feel guilty. I had been such a bitch to her and all along it wasn't her fault. Can I visit her?" Rose said.

Surely enough, of all the places I could have bad memories, it was my company and house. I already made plans to sell my house since I was moving into a new one.

"Conrad, we all know you love her." I opened my mouth to object. "Don't even try to deny it and say it's guilt. You sleep there every night and cry. Then kiss her forehead. Tracing her features with your fingers and saying things that we don't understand. Which guilty man does that? So let me call you out on your Bullshit and say that you are in love. Period."

My mouth was left agape and the only thing ghats could leave my mouth was, "Since when did you become a love guru?"

"I'm dating Madison." And that guys was a shocker to me. "And how did you see all these things?" "It was very obvious. Madison herself did not frequent the hospital like you did. You on the other hand always gave excuses. Like taking my daughter to see her godmother." Cole laughed and shook his head.

"I have an appointment with the doctor but let me just tell you this, she will be fine. You made it the past year she was in a coma. Let's see what happens now. Trust in God." I nodded as he left.

Rose gave me some files to go over that needed my signatures. After she let I decided to go to what was once Hazel's office. Her things were still there. I hadn't given her the liberty to pack anything that unfortunate day I made her my slave.

Though it was dusty, her laptop, her other phone and other essentials were still on the desk. I sat on her chair and unlocked the phone. It had law anything ndo business apps. Her gallery had no photos of her at all.

I opened the drawers. There was a pouch with highlighters, pens, pencils, etc. There was also some perfume. Her perfume, the one which smelled heavenly on her. I spritz it and took a sniff.

Did I really love her? If I did what will happen now? I already blew my chance once in the worst way possible. Something worse than cheating. It was because of me she lost a year and months of her life. I just reopened her old wounds.

⭐⭐⭐

The more time I spent in my office, the more I felt like I couldn't breathe. The memories of the past, what I had done coupled with Hazel's scent were making me go crazy. I felt like I was about to collapse.

"Stop beating yourself man. You were blinded by revenge and you didn't know she wasn't responsible for it. With the way you have been crying I'm sure God in heaven knows how sorry you are. Let's just hope for the best." Chris, always the optimist. He always had something positive to say. I just didn't think it would work this time.

"I know I wronged Hazel, but with the short time I knew. I know she will forgive you. It might not be immediately but she will. I just don't think things will go back to how they were."

My phone vibrated in my pocket. "It's Dr. Parker." "What are you waiting for, answer it." My heart was thundering in my ribcage. "Mr. Knight, I want you to come to the hospital. I have some news. It's urgent." "I'll be there."

Chris and I quickly raced to the elevator with hope in my heart that this was the light at the end of the tunnel.

Vote|☆|
~~~~~~