🕊️SR 48

Conrad Knight

I woke up extra early and started on breakfast for Hazel. I was starting to doubt things and I was preparing myself for the worst for when she would say she sees a future with Fredo.

Even though she had told me she wanted only me last night I wasn't fully convinced since she was almost drunk.

I didn't kiss her back because either wanted to do right by her. I hadn't given her any pleasant memories that she could tell our kids.

Our kids.

I loved the sound of that but did she feel the same way? Everyday my love for her grew and I was left wondering if we ever got together would she at some point call it quits because of what I had done?

The past was something that was always hanging over my head. It wouldn't leave my mind.

The vibrations of my phone made me halt chopping and answer the phone. It was my dad.

"Son, how're things?"

There was no point in lying.

Setting down the knife I sighed. "I don't know dad, I feel as if she would leave me soon even before anything started brewing between us. My biggest fear is losing her."

"You are not her heart Conrad. I did not raise a coward so stop your stupidity of assuming things and talk it out with her. Anyway, we have o discuss some things when you come back tomorrow. Greet my future daughter-in-law for me."

After he had hung up I nearly had a stroke when I raised my head. Hazel was standing near the door glaring at me.

She was in a white shirt that reached mid thigh and her erect nipples could be seen through the shirt.

I curse lowly when I felt my member spring to life.

She made slow steps towards me. The glare never leaving her face. When she stood in front of me she slapped me.

I was shocked. Was this where she wanted nothing to do with me? I hardened my heart for the incoming heartbreak.

"Damn you Conrad! Damn you!" She screamed. Her fists hitting my bare chest.

"It hurts that you cannot even trust me to believe my words. How many times have I told you how I feel? That I'm in love with you and only you? Did I say I want Fredo?" She shook her head as tears fell from her eyes.

"Hazel I-"

"No! You stay where you are and don't come near me. You will listen to what I have to say and digest it. I love you and only you. Irregardless of what you had done to me in the past, I'm in love with you."

"Loo-" She shook her head while cutting me off.

"Let me finish. You always talk about me leaving you. Okay then. If it was to workout between us we would need trust. Love alone cannot hold a relationship.

I've told you many times that I have forgiven you and want to be with you but you keep doubting. Have you asked yourself if you are the one who doesn't want to be with me since you keep giving excuses?"

"You know I love you Hazel."

She laughed bitterly. "Do you really? Yesterday I went to bed wondering if you really wanted me as you say. You put me to shame when I kissed you and you kept doubting my words and throwing Fredo into the mix. I'll grant you what you wish for. Take me back to the city."

"Bu-"

"I'll be right back. Lemme just pack my things and get ready so that we can go back. I see it was pointless coming here. I thought we could at least work it out. I was wrong."

My head, heart, everything hurt. This wasn't what I expected to become of out first date.

Slipping on my shirt I got my car keys and waited for her. She came downstairs some minutes later. We really were toxic for each other.

Hazel James

I felt like so bing my heart out. Conrad was near yet so far. Throughout the whole car ride no one spoke. Not once did he even glance at me.

He was very focused on driving. His knuckles holding the steering wheel so tight.

The crestfallen look that fell on his face when I said it was a mistake that came here wouldn't leave my mind. I could see him trying hard to hold back his tears.

My father always said that if you were meant to be with your soulmate then it would come to pass. Was it really the case for me and him?

Conrad did not trust my words. Did not trust that I loved him enough. He had the mentality that reality would soon slap me in the face and show me that I wanted Fredo.

Where would we go if we proceeded without trust?

Guess we really are toxic for each other after all.

Things are heating up.
As I promised,
The other chapters are on the way. Hope you are enjoying.
Stay safe and warm.
Be blessed.
Not Edited.
Vote and comment.