🕊️SR 29

Mufasa looking like a snack above (Lion King cartoon)
I'm swooning.

Hazel James

2 years later...

"Hey beautiful. Anyone sitting here?"

I was so lost in my thoughts that it took the person talking to me snapping his fingers in front of me to bring me back to reality. "Sorry, you were saying?"

"Can I sit here?" "Go ahead." I looked out the window of the restaurant I was seated in. I couldnt believe it had been 2 years. My life was going great and I couldn't have been more proud of myself. I had gone to self defense classes and learnt how to defend myself.

This man saving woman shit all the time was getting old and it was honestly irritating. I could box and kick ass no matter the size.

I was now working at Lamberto Law Firm as a secretary as well as the company lawyer. In short I was making it big. More than what I got in my previous job.

"You know what?" My attention was drawn back to this man that couldn't take a hint. He had blue eyes, brown hair and a nose ring. He was dressed in a black suit that made him look sharp.

I raised a brow at him asking him to continue. "I'm offended that you are ignoring me. Women always hover at my feet like house flies whereas I'm giving you my time and you're ignoring me."

"Sorry to burst your bubble. As you can see, I did not ask you to sit here. You yourself dragged your bones here and planted your ass on that seat." I ignored his dumbfounded expression. Lunch was over anyway. I paid the bill and stood up as he followed suit.

"My heart is broken kitte-" "Just shut up. See you when you see me. I've got to go." I unlocked my car. A navy blue Chevrolet Escalade and drove back to my work place.

As soon as I entered the building Caroline, the receptionist came running towards me. I raised a brow to her. "Thank God you're here. Please help me." She cried out. "Okay, what's seems to be the problem."

"My son got into a fight and he was badly injured. Can you take over for me?" I understood how she felt so I just nodded my head as she thanked me but I waved her off. "It's nothing." I replied.

She briefed me on what had to be done. I took the papers and went into the conference room humming a song. I was dressed in a dark red long sleeved pencil dress that reached my knees paired with black stilettos that had a red underside.

I was so intently focused on reading the papers that I didn't see the figure in front of me. I bumped into them as strong hands wrapped around me to prevent my fall. I brushed the hair out of my eyes with my free hand and moved out of his way. "Thank you." I spoke in a monotone. I excused myself and slipped inside the conference room.

I made sure everything was in order and then proceeded to my office.

🌟🌟🌟

I had been working for approximately one hour when the door was knocked. The door opened and the man who I had bumped into earlier popped his head inside. "Mind if I come in Ms. James?"

I shook my head as he took a seat. My eyes nearly bulged out my I kept a cool facade. He had thick locs of hair that I envied with well shaped brows and full lips. This man was handsome but he had nothing on Conrad. Why do we always fall for the wrong people?

"I'm Fredo Lamberto and I'll be your new boss." He pushed his hand forward for a handshake which I took firmly. "Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. As you already know, I'm Hazel James, company lawyer and Secretary."

I did not stutter nor did I ogle him or blush neither did my gaze falter. So why did he seem so surprised. He was dressed in a navy blue suit that put many people to shame. There was a notification bell and I quickly opened my phone.

I smiled as I saw who it was. Replying quickly I raised my head to see my new boss walking out in long strides with a scowl on his face with his fists clenched. Bipolar idiot. Wasn't he just smiling seconds ago.

Please, you can just let your imagination work it's magic by imagining how you want the characters to look like.
Vote and comment.