🕊️SR 39

I leave you guys to use your imagination for characters.
Quick question...

Who has watched 365 days?

Hazel James

"Welcome Ms. James. I was expecting you. Please have a seat." The middle aged man said.

"Thank you. I came bec-"

"No need Ms. James. Fredo has already informed me about you wanting to own your own law firm. You are just in luck.

Mr. Kapoor, who is selling since he wants to relocate back to his country."

This man really talked alot. In a span of 30 minutes he had already informed me of Mr. Kapoor's background and everything.

He must have seen my disbelief because he laughed lightly. "Don't mind me dear. My wife says I talk alot. We can go and check out the property today and if you're interested then it's yours. How does that sound?"

I nodded. "That sounds great Mr..." I just realised I had not gotten his name from his talking alot.

"Oh my bad. I'm Paul Jefferson."

I shook his hand. "Thank Mr. Jefferson. When will we go and check out this property?"

"We can go right now if you want."

"Sounds good."

As we entered the elevator I wondered what Conrad was doing right now. Was he thinking about me? Did he ever love me.

I reprimanded myself. When will I ever learn. Has the painful experience not taught me anything?

♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

"I wish you were here dad." I said leaning my head on his headstone.

"I am now the owner of a law firm. I am sorry that I killed you. I feel that's it's partly my fault your dead. If I hadn't been so stupid and naive then this wouldn't have happened."

Tears escaped me as a sob threatened to leave my lips. The paperwork had been last week and the company was officially mine.

"I am sorry but I love him dad. I love Conrad. Wherever you are dad, please guide me and lead me properly. I don't want to turn out like my so called mother." I wept.

Composing myself I lifted myself off the grave and carefully placed the flowers.

Since I stepped foot on the New York soil I had not visited my sister. Madison would be pissed. But I knew with some hot *** from Christopher she would be putty in his hands.

♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

I parked my car outside the apartment complex and made my way inside.

Alot of coaxing from the receptionist granted me entrance. I was now standing outside the door. I could hear Movement from inside.

I rang the doorbell and waited outside. The shuffling was now closer and the door was opened.

"Do I know you?" She snapped. I was right. I shrugged. "I just came to see my sweet sister. Could you direct me to her?" I smiled sweetly while batting my eyelashes.

"I haven't forgiven you. Come in." I smiled. I always knew she was a softy.

♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

"Girl, I underestimated your stupidity! Why would you do that?!" She shrieked.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Babe! Language. Our child can hear you." Christopher called from the kitchen.

We were currently seated in the living room with a 3 month pregnant Madison.

"The man told you he loves you. He did not ask for marriage you inconsiderate shit!" She yelled.

"Again language!" Christopher corrected.

Flashback...

I was in the living room doing some cleaning when my phone rang. It was Fredo.

"Hey babe." I heard Fredo greet me.

Me as the big assumer I was jumped to conclusions quickly shutting him up.

"Fredo look. There's no need of torturing yourself. I don't and will never love you. Please remember that. So stop flirting with me and try to get your own woman. It's tiring."

There was a pause. "Is that what you think of me Hazel? A burden? When did I tell you to drop everything you're doing and come with me? I may be in love with you Hazel, but I'm not who you portray me to be. Be happy Ms. James. Hope you live your happily ever after with Conrad. Say hi to him for me. Goodbye." He spat.

What is wrong with me?

End of flashback.

"You...I don't even know what to say to you anymore. Ugh!" She leaned back on her chair.

"I just thought I was making it easier for him. I don't even know what is wrong with me anymore." I held my face in my hands. "I just know that I miss Conrad terribly."

"I don't know which rock live under but he move to Australia the day you arrived."

"What?"

"Yes. Now you know." She focused her attention on the television.

"Baby, what do I do with your neanderthal of a godmother." She shook her head while rubbing her belly.

I gasped. "You want me to be the godmother?"

"Yes. After alot of thinking you were the best fit. At first I don't want to choose you since I thought you had alot going on but knowing you I know you will drop everything for me."

"Thank you."

"Even though your stupidity unnerves me I still love you." I chuckled. "You're staying here for the night."

Not an eventful chapter but look out for more drama and twists ahead.
Vote and comment.
Be blessed.❤️