🕊️SR 28

Hazel James

Madison took me to where my father was buried. His headstone read,

"Here lies a great man,
Beloved father to
Madison Hyacinth Brown
And Hazel James.
Rest easy.

I snorted in disbelief. "I want this headstone changed and those words, I'll give them what to write." I sat down and dusted the grave. "Dad, you always said good things happen to good people. I may not have been perfect but I tried to be good. I paid my taxes, donated, worked my ass off in an honest way and in the end. Love destroyed me.

Wherever you are dad, guide me as j start a new chapter away from this madness. I'm moving away from this city but I'll always be back to visit you. Look after me. I hope that you are proud of me. I love you and I miss you." The heavy rain laden clouds had started to form as thunder struck.

I couldn't bear it anymore. I sobbed, tears of my dad's passing but what hurt most was Conrad's betrayal. I had loved that man. But this time, it was time to love myself. My tears blended with the rain but they didn't stop.

(Insert a sad song there...I recommend Faded by Alan Walker)

The rain suddenly stopped. I stood up and saw Madison standing there with an umbrella. "I'll miss you Madi." I sobbed onto her shoulder as we embraced each other. "But I promise to call and come to visit."

"Let's go home first, we'll discuss this later."

Throughoutthe car ride I just sat there as flashbacks of my past came to me. I always believed that there were good men out there. That my prince charming would come and sweep me off my wobbling feet. Did it happen? No. Instead I was almost steeped of the face of the earth.

There's no use crying over spilt milk. It was time I start a new life for myself elsewhere. I loved Conrad, I may still do, but I'm not acting on anything. I let out a bitter chuckle as I remembered how he used to send Cole on the dates. The fact that Cole played along also hurt.

I looked outside the window as it rained heavily such that the roads almost flooded. I would really miss New York. Everything happens for a reason. And this time, I wished it was really true as I started my new life.

🌟🌟🌟

Everything was packed and ready. I had my passport and what not that Conrad had sent someone to bring after he'd confiscated them. "Are you sure you really want to do this?" This was the 7th time Madison had asked me that. I nodded my head and embraced her.

A honk was heard outside and I knew that this was it. "I'll miss you so much. Take of yourself. Say hi to Christopher for me. I'll visit, just not now. I need time to gather myself but I'll be back."

"Take all the time you need." I nodded as I saw how much she was holding in her tears. But I knew she'd be alright. She had a caring and loving man beside her.

The cab driver helped me load my two suitcases into his car and he drove off to JFK Airport. This time I hoped and prayed for new beginnings. A new life. The past was the past. I needed to find myself. And myself I would. Now I am not longer the weakling the was swayed by fairytales. "I will back. Till then." Was what I whispered to myself as we drove to the airport.

Short but the next chapters will be pretty interesting.
Vote and comment.
How're you guys coping with this corona virus?