🕊️SR 34

Hazel James

I was relieved for having had the talk with Fredo. I didn't want to be like Conrad, Cole or Leon. Love really hurts when used to destroy you. It really sucks that we always love the dark, brooding and twisted. Why couldn't I just be normal and reciprocate Fredo's feelings? I didn't even know where I stood with the feelings I had for Conrad.

All I knew was I had immense hatred for him. But the twisted part of me still loved him. Many times I contemplated coming back for revenge. But was it really worth it? His revenge hurt me. An innocent one. I do not want to go through a path of toxic people again.

My legs were almost numb after the 9 hour flight. I collapsed onto the seat of the Rolls Royce that was waiting for us at the airport.

It was quite cold and I thanked God for bringing a coat along.

"Fredo, so what are the plans now?"

"Freshen up and attend the meeting first. Brace yourself cause you're among the people who'll be talking most and alot."

I nodded. I was very good with words. When it comes to my profession I take it with alot of seriousness. As I said earlier, I'm a new woman.

💎💎💎

After a quick shower I slipped into a red pants suit with a black blouse pairing it with black pumps with red soles.

My hair was up in a puff and minimal makeup. I took my tech accessories and went to the lobby to wait for Fredo.

If there was something I loved about myself was the fact I knew what time keeping was all about.

I was among the first to arrive at the lobby. Wherever you looked you could see men in sharp suits. Handsome men to be precise.

Others were openly flirting as they used their looks to their advantage. My eyes particularly trained on one man that was heavily flirting with a woman I recognized as the PA of Chase Maguire, CEO of Maguire Limited.

She was blushing furiously and shifting from one foot to another with her eyes set on the floor.

I felt that too. That's how I behaved when Conrad had me wrapped around his finger. I chuckled to myself lowly.

How stupid I looked. I could just imagine.

"What is a beautiful lady like yourself doing alone among men?" A voice said from behind.

A tall man with brown locs and tanned skin was looking down on me with a smirk on his face.

"Can I help you?" I raised a defiant brow.

"Infact y-" Before he could even finish I had turned on my heels and left. The meeting was starting in 10 minutes.

Entering the boardroom I found more than half the seats occupied. By men. No single woman was in sight.

"The personal assistant sits there." A man echoed rudely.

"That's a good thing then since I'm no personal assistant." I shot back with attitude.

"Listen here lady, business is no-"

"No. You listen and listen carefully. No one cares about your views here. If my presence here unnerves you then walk out slowly and calmly. You are not special. Either you sit your ass down and concentrate on the matter at hand or leave." I interrupted while giving him a fierce glare.

"Why you bit-"

"Finish that sentence. I dare you." I snarled. I faintly heard the opening of the door.

I was involved in a heated stare with an asshole who looked down upon women.

He pursed his lips and looked away.

"Anyone else who wishes to embarrass himself?" The room was quiet. "No? Good! I'm Hazel James, the lawyer who will be drafting all the contacts and giving out the layouts of what is ahead."

I paused and looked around the room training my eyes back on the narcissistic. "I will also be the one judging the rivalry case of the Youngs. The meeting will start in approximately 4 minutes."

I smirked to myself. There was pin drop silence as I plugged in my laptop for the first presentation.

The door opened and more men in suits flooded in with the assistants in tow. I was curious as to where they would sit when I saw a man entering a cubicle.

And inside were roughly ten women. He entered and sat. I got my answer.

Fredo was among the last to enter as he took a third seat from the back on the right.

I powered it up and the presentation came on screen.

"As you can see here, this is the graphical representation of your companies.

You can see that each has 3 lines of different colours. Green represent the good thing about your company, blue is for improvement and red is all about fraudulent activities.

That includes copying anything from another company rival or not and also corruption, underpaid workers and bad working conditions."

Everyone was staring intently on the screen. I continued to explain everything to them and started on a one on one analysis of each company.

I was sure by now that the assistants' hands were on fire. What I had said so far was nothing small. My throat was sore. I was done with 8 companies now and I was on to number 9.

I took a gulp of water as they tried to digest their problems.

Turning back to the projector screen I used my pen to point out the next.

"Next on the list we have Knight Tech. This compa- What?!" My jaw nearly hit the ground.

Knight Tech. Knight Tech?!
That was Conrad fucking Knight's company and that meant one thing. He was here. He is here. I turned my attention back to the others and my eyes roamed the place.

I exhaled a sigh of relief. He wasn't here. Maybe he'd sent over a representative. I surely hope so. I turned my attention back to the screen when a deep voice suddenly echoed. "Sorry I'm late." My spine straightened immediately. Lord Jesus.

Hello!
Double update.
I'm still working on the other updates.
This book is not edited and I will be making some changes when I finish it.
See you in the next chapter guys.
Vote and comment.
Stay safe and be in a realm of prayer.
Before I forget. Happy Ramadhan to my brothers and sisters.