🕊️SR 25

Madison Brown

It had been three hours since Hazel had been taken into surgery. We were all sitting in the waiting room anxiously tapping our feet, pacing the halls except for Conrad. He was leaning against the wall, his face a mixture of raw emotions.

I kind of felt bad for the outburst when he came to me yesterday. I know I was being a bitch holding it against him though he didn't know that it wasn't Hazel but Crystal.

He had his gaze fixated on the wall. He had aged. His stubble was overgrown. This was not the same Conrad Knight of a year back.

"Family of Ms. James." We all stood up immediately when the doctor announced. "The transplant was a success." I exhaled relieved but I sensed a but. "But, she went back into a coma. I'm afraid that if she doesn't wake up within the next two weeks then we will have to call it.

She might die in that coma and her brain may start rotting due to lack of activity. I'm sorry it had come to this. You can see her now." I only nodded as Christopher rubbed my back and pulled me into a hug. I would just have to go and see her before I ask the doctor to pull the plug.

⭐⭐⭐

I entered the ward and closed the door quietly. My best friend and sister was lying on the bed ghastly pale as a Corpse. She actually looked dead and it scared me shitless. Her hair had significantly grown and so had her eyebrows which had become even more bushy.

"So you have decided to leave your only sister. Why won't you wake up? Crystal is in a mental asylum as we speak. Luke is in jail though he will be released soon. Chris and I are dating. Jennifer and Cole welcomed their new baby girl whom they named Sapphire because of your eyes. You are her godmother." I cried even more.

"I miss you. Why are you doing this to us? You wouldn't believe it if you see Conrad. The guy has aged since you slipped into a coma. He's been here with you nonstop and hasn't slept. I've even asked Chris to sedate him.

He's in love with you Hazel. Your dad is gone and is watching you from heaven. Gosh, why won't you wake up? It's been a year and things have happened and changed. Just you. I love you babe."

I kissed her forehead and left. It was time we put her out of her misery. Even though it hurt for all of us. And I knew Conrad wouldn't like it one bit so I went to the doctor's office quietly as Conrad was lying in another ward fast asleep high on sedatives.

Conrad Knight

"How long have I been out?" The nurse smiled seductively.
"14 hours." Shit! Hazel was out of surgery but back in a coma. Something was not right. How was I even knocked out? "Who sedated me?" The stupid nurse shrugged just as Chris stepped in.

"Who sedated me Chris?" He smiled sheepishly and scratched his neck. "Look man, don't take it the wrong way, but look at you. You look older than my grandmother. You haven't slept nor eaten for days or shaved. You have horrible eyebags. You have lost weight. Is this the impression you want to give Hazel when she wakes up?"

Gosh, whenever Hazel was mentioned I literally turned into a puddle. Now my anger had dissipated and I knew how Christopher felt. "I'm sorry it's just.." "We understand bro and we want you to live long enough for Hazel to wake up.

For you to earn her forgiveness, be friends, then lovers, husband and wife, have great sex, get her pregnant then BAM! Mini Hazels and Conrads running around." I actually laughed at his silliness. Leave it to Chris to change the atmosphere.

He touched my shoulder. "Leave it to God. And here I brought food. I want you to eat everything in this bag and then drink this 2 litres of water after that drink this juice then add 500 ml of water on it. Am I understood?" He raised a brow. "Yes mom." I chuckled. It was going to be alright. I could feel it.

Vote|☆|
~~~~~~