🕊️SR 40

Hazel James

It had been 5 months and Madison was due any moment. The doctor said she was expecting twins.

I was in my office when Madison rushed in. I stood up alarmed thinking that something was wrong with the children.

"Hazel, have you seen the news?"

"No, why?"

"See for yourself."

She turned up the volume of the television as Conrad's face came into view.

"Ladies and gentlemen, billionaire heartthrob Conrad Knight is off the market. He was spotted at a restaurant in Melbourne yesterday a Nadia Samuels. It seems as if they just got together. What do you think?"

Why do feel like dying?

"Why do I feel hurt?" I questioned Madi.

"You keep on mopping around and using Conrad's name in vain and not actually calling him. Lemme spell it out for you Hazel, you are madly in love with Conrad. Look into your heart and it will tell you the truth. He made a mistake. Stop holding it on his head. He just wanted to avenge his parents injustice."

I sat down on my chair. "One more thing. "Fredo is currently seeing someone. He called and is coming to New York in a few days."

I felt as if a bucket of cold water had been poured on me. The shock I felt was an understatement. Conrad was seeing someone? Was she really his girlfriend? I remembered how they smiled at each other in Rome.

"How does it feel now Hazel? To see someone you love with another?" She taunted.

"I told you countless times without number to stop hurting the poor man and yourself. If God can forgive your son's then who the hell are you to hold an offence against your fellow human being? You love the man but you are too proud. Hasn't he suffered enough?

I stormed out of my office without looking back. Leaving Madison standing there. I really hated myself right now.

Conrad Knight

My vacation was over. The agreement we had with my dad was that I could leave to unwind and relax for a few months but had to come back as my family was in New York.

"I'll really miss you." Nadia said as she watched me drag my suitcases downstairs.

Nadia Samuels. 5'1. Brown eyes. Brown hair. And a real goofball. She lived jokes.

What made it more hilarious was that people thought we were together. At first glance you would think she is a teenager but she is a 23 year old university Student.

She was also into girls. She had moved to Australia so as to attend the University of Melbourne in which fate had blessed her with a girlfriend called Neena.

We had become friends since the airport incident and she always called me her big brother. And anonymously I was the one paying for her school fees.

More than the amount needed so that when there was something like a school trip or anything it would already be catered for. She was late in her studies since she was orphaned at a young age.

"You keep this house. Okay?" I told her sternly. Knowing her she would probably rent it out so that she could have a source of livelihood.

"If you ever need anything then call me immediately. I'm not your brother for no reason. Also you are visiting during the holidays. Understood?"

"Yes Dad." She groaned.

"Also...focus on your studies. Don't think I don't see you and Neena always thinking about doing the nasty on my couch." I joked and she threw a pillow in my face.

"My turn." She said seriously.

"Man up and tell her you love her already. Stop being miserable. You have paid more than enough. You didn't know any better. Confess the truth. Okay? Hope by the time I'm visiting, there will be a mini Hazel and Conrad." She said giggling.

It had been over five months since I last saw her. I don't know if she's with Lamberto but it's better to try.

Arriving at the airport I bid Nadia a goodbye and boarded my private jet.

This was a new Conrad Knight and I was coming to claim my woman. She was mine alone. Even if it meant fighting Lamberto.

Hazel James.

You better be ready cause when I have you to myself. I will be repenting my sins in another form. In other ways.

I sat down looking outside. I couldn't wait to land in New York. I have been away for too long.

Hazel James

"I don't know why you are doing this to yourself. You clearly love the man." I was seated in my living room with Jennifer. After she had reached out and apologized I saw no reason to keep on holding a grudge.

"Look, it's not my place to tell you this but...." Christopher looked nervous. "He has always loved you. He just realised his feelings the day they found Crystal. He wanted to make amends but things happened."

"These guys are just too stubborn. They love each other but are moping around. Crying like children. Confess already."

I closed my eyes and I sighed.

He loves me?

Love.
Is a beautiful and also strange thing.
Let's wait for Conrad to arrive in New York, yeah?
What does he mean by repenting his sins in other forms?
Vote and comment.
Not Edited.
Stay safe.😘