🕊️Epilogue 2

Hazel Knight

Being pregnant was no joke. I thought my pregnancy would be all about happiness but I was wrong. I would experience random pains all of a sudden that really hurt.

I was 7 months pregnant with a baby girl. But things were not easy. Which was why we were seated in front of the doctor right now.

Conrad held my hand as if to assure me. The doctor had run some tests and now he was about to brief us his findings.

He was scaring me as he had a solemn look on his face. He sighed shaking his head.

"I'm sorry Mr. And Mrs. Knight but only if then can be saved. Either your baby girl or your wife. The baby has the umbilical cord wrapped almost around her throat thus the pains.

I'm sorry that you have to make such a decision but that's all that can be done. Your wife will have to be put to labour immediately. I'm really sorry. I'll give you some time alone to make the decision but this has to be done soon."

My eyes wet with tears as I choked back a sob. "Our...our baby Con, our baby girl. Save out baby girl. Please." I pleaded.

Conrad froze and glared at me his eyes brimming with tears. "You want to leave me? Hazel, I'm choosing you. We can make other babies but where will I find another you? You can't possibly want to do this to me." He begged.

I shook my head. "Conrad I've lived and see the world. But my baby girl hasn't. She's still alive in the womb. Let her experience the world Con. Please save my baby. Promise me?"

"Baby don't do this to me." He begged me but I was very stubborn. If rather lose my life and save my child.

The door opened as the doctor walked in. "Have you made your decision yet?"

Nodding my head I uttered the words that broke Conrad's heart. "We're saving the baby. Save the baby." I whispered.

The doctor looked puzzled. "Are you sure?" I nodded my head while Conrad stayed silent.

"Well, let's prepare you for surgery." The nurse took me away and Conrad remained silent not even sparing me a glance.

This was it.

Conrad Knight

My heart felt gloomy and empty. Hazel chose to dying just to save our baby. She was so selfless but I hated that trait of hers right now.

Did she think my love for would vanish all of a sudden after her death? Where would I find another her? We could make so many other babies they could put a football team to shame.

Letting the tears flow freely I went to the hospital cathedral. All I needed was help from the Almighty. If there was someone that deserved to live their life to the fullest it was Hazel.

If we could swap places I'd do it in a heartbeat. Praying in my heart I hoped for a divine miracle.

A hand on my shoulder startled me. "Mr. Knight, the operation is about to begin. Your wife wishes to see you."

As much a so hated Hazel for her decision I still loved her.

Holding her hand in my own I gave her mouth a deep kiss conveying all my emotions in there. Our salty tears mixing with one another. This pain was unbearable.

As they wheeled her into the operation theatre all I could ask myself was.

How many times had I landed her in hospital?

I thought my experiences of the hospital would be changed when we experienced our first pregnancy but I was wrong.

♠️♠️♠️

It had been four hours since they had been in the OT. The others like Madison had arrived and tried to assure me of the best. My heart was threatening to break out of my ribcage.

What was going on?

We all stood up when we saw the doctor approaching us.

"Congratulations! Mr. Knight." He exclaimed.

"Both your girls are fighters. We managed to deliver the baby safely and the mother is fine too. She is resting." I broke out tears of happiness and shook the doctor's hand. Thank God.

"You can see her now but do not disturb her. The baby has been taken to the baby's ward. Though she came out before her time she is surprisingly healthy. Congratulations once more."

My father shook hands with the doctor as I raced towards my wife's room. Taking a hold of her gently I kissed her forehead.

It was because of her that the divine miracle came. Because of her purity. She opened her eyes and smiled gently.

My eyes went moist as I cried once more. "I thought I would lose you. I can't put you through such pain again my love. We are not having anymore babies. I'm content with having you and our baby girl. I love you so much. Very much."

She chuckled wincing lightly. "I love you too my husband." She winked.

"What do what to name the baby?" I questioned.

"Elena Rose Knight. After your mother." Kissing her deeply I wondered what I had done in my life to get such a precious woman in my life.

I'm done guys.
When I started this book I didn't expect it to be this long. God does work in mysterious ways.
Hope you enjoyed this journey with me. I want to thank all of my readers.
Special thanks and love to my active readers you know yourselves. God bless you so much and may you always be happy and shining.
The book has come to an end.
I'm sorry if it did not end how you wanted it to but we do not always get what we want.
Love you so much.
Be blessed.
Stay safe.
Hope to see you in Fredo's book soon.
Not Edited.
Vote and comment.