🕊️SR 26

Conrad Knight

"Mr. Knight, it has been 3 months since her lung transplant and she hasn't woke up. The board and I have decided to pull the plug. She isn't waking up and you should let her go. You have spent billions since the incident. Use the rest of the money to help other patients here who really need it. As for Ms. James, the end has come." Dr. Mike, who had been assigned to Hazel told me.

I stood up and went to Hazel's room standing outside to observe her through the window. I turned the door knob and entered. The room was really cold.

I placed my hand on her cold cheek, "I know someday you will wake up. I'm not ready to let you go just yet. I love you Hazel, I know I have wronged you. Please wake up and you will never have to see me again. Maybe I should leave.

Maybe my being here is why you don't want to wake up. I'm really sorry and I will always love you Hazel James. Even if it breaks me. I will leave so that you can live your life in peace. I love you so much and it really hurts to know I put you in this position because of my ignorance. Stay safe okay?"

I stood up and since this was goodbye, I decided to kiss her inviting lips. "I love you." I whispered on her lips and before I could connect our lips, her eyes shot open and I jumped back startled.

I was in too much shock to comprehend that the love of my life was awake. She sat up and groaned as she removed the oxygen mask from her face. I was quickly snapped out of my trance and I ran outside like a madman to call the doctor.

"She's awake!" I was shouting in the hallway as others glared at me and others tried not to laugh. After alot of convincing Dr. Mike decided to follow me since he couldn't believe it himself.

His eyes widened when he saw her sitting on the bed with her head in her hands. "Ms. James, you are finally awake." She pointed at the glass and I hurriedly gave it to her guiding it into her mouth. "Mr. Knight step out for a bit as I make sure everything is okay." I narrowed my eyes and left begrudgingly.

Hazel James

For the past 3 months, my body was numb but I could hear what people told me. Madison, Chris, Cole, Jennifer and baby Sapphire who always clapped her hands when she was brought.

But most of all, my frequent visitor. The one who held my hand throughout the night. Crying onto my palms. Left kisses on my forehead before he left. Professing his love for me. Apologizing throughout about what he'd done to me.

Blaming himself for my father's death. Telling me how Crystal was in the asylum and Luke in prison. But my body wouldn't respond. It was as if I was being held down by evil forces.

I guess what made me wake up was when he was talking about leaving. I could feel his hot breath on my lips as he whispered 'I love you' But my eyes shot open even before he could kiss me.

If it wasn't for the backache I was experiencing and the dryness in my throat then I would have laughed hysterically at how alarmed Conrad looked.

"How are you feeling? Does anything hurt?" The boyish doctor asked smiling down at me. I shook my head. "Everything's fine. How long have I been in a coma?" "1 year and 5 months now." I widened my eyes shocked.

He lit a torch and observed my eyes and everything. He straightened and smiled. "Everything's good. It's good to have you back. I'm Dr. Mike (Michaelson) Greene. Let me call the others in. Your boyfriend has been causing havoc since day one. He won't go home.

Barks orders at my staff and myself. He refused for us to get you off life support. Paid billions on your treatment. Has been donating every month to this hospital to the maternity, cancer, alzemier departments. Grab onto him before others take him."

I didn't need to ask who my so called boyfriend was. By the description and his character, you and I both know who he is. Can't believe I missed out on a year and 5 months of my life. All because of you know who.

Vote|☆|
~~~~~~~~