Prologue 14: Unlock the Power

Start from the beginning

"Don't bring that up again! Jeez, today's just not my day...." Ace grumbles.

"Never mind that! Let's go get the magic crystal while that thing can't move!" Deuce motions for the others. They regroup and hurry back into the mine. The monster looks up to see the group leaving.

"WaaaaaaaIT!! G...G...GOTHEEEELLLL!!!!"
———————————————————

"Psst. Hey Glor, why does that thing keep calling you 'Gothel'?" Ace asked whispering into my ear. I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"I asked myself the same thing Ace." I replied while strolling the cave.

"Aha! There's the crystal!" Deuce shouted as he spots it as soon as we get back from the checkpoint.

It looked just like the one from the chandelier! But more bigger! Deuce plucked it from its spot in the wall

Outside, the monster senses them approaching the artifact.

"Hands ooooooooooffffff!!!!"

Suddenly, the flames were diminishing as the monster thrusted one hand out of the circle.

"Oh no." I gulped.

Another arm broke the wall.

"GOTHEEEEELLL!!!!"

"Annnnd here it's back!" I quivered.

"Crap! That thing's almost free!" Ace spoke.

"Hey, Deuce! Throw more stuff at it!" Grim piped up.

"More stuff???" Deuce questioned. "C-Come forth, cauldron!"

Clatter.

"And, Uh...uh...cauldron!"

Another clatter.

"Last one! Cauldron!!!"

Just as the circle of fire vanished, the monster was pushed to the ground again, yelling in pain at the impact.

"You seriously have nothing but cauldrons in your repertoire?!" Ace asked, like it was a joke.

"Not helping Ace!" I retaliated.

"Shut up! I'm at my wits end!!" Deuce snarks back.

"We've got the crystal already! Let's scram!" Grim fired.

"Roger!" Ace saluted as the group ran back for the exit. Just then, the monster, from the cavern's shadows appeared, the gem long gone.

"That's MiiiiiiiiiiNe?! GOTHEEEEEEEELLLLL!!!!!!"
——————————————

The group ran as fast as they could through the woods, the monster hot in their tracks.

"Jeez, that was a close one!" Grim panted.