Chapter 14 Part 1- Not Really A Lunch Date

Chris POV

As she walked into the room the first thing she noticed was the overwhelming amount of books. Everywhere. Completely packed bookshelves lined the walls, and piles of books covered chairs surrounding a conference table that too was weighted down with stacks of books. The desk had a large stack of very heavy looking tomes on one edge, while a computer and paperwork covered the rest.

"Alpha Winters. Excuse me, Chris. I'm sorry about the wait."

Chris immediately held out her hand to shake Alpha Terrants as she tried to focus on him instead of the enormous amount of books. Chris zeroed in on Terrant and frowned as he shook her hand.

"Is there something wrong?" Terrant asked. Immediately noticing the change in her disposition.

Chris tilted her head and she examined Terrant and Ian's outfits. 'Very nice.' her wolf commented as she looked over Terrants formal wear. 'Not the time.' Chris said back, turning her attention to Terrant who had a worried expression on his face.

"I just didn't realize this would be a formal luncheon. I would have dressed more... appropriately."

Terrant smiled, "Oh! No. This isn't for the luncheon. I-... well a situation has come up that requires some..." He paused for a moment searching for a word. "Tact."

"If you wouldn't mind, Alpha Winters, you can wait in the office until we return." Ian said motioning to the only chair that didn't have books piled on it.

Chris glanced at Terrant who had a curious expression on his face, as she said. "Is this something that I should be concerned about?"

Ian shook his head, again motioning Chris towards the waiting chair. "No we will take care of it and be back soon. Right?... Terrant?"

"Hmm? Oh yes." Obviously Terrant was lost in thought. He glanced outside the open door at the waiting staff, then at Ashlynn before saying. "Actually, why don't you come with us?"

Chris raised her eyebrows in curiosity and Ian appeared to be having a sudden stroke. "Uh- but, uh... Terrant do you think that is a good idea... I mean-"

"Sure it is." Terrant said smiling warmly again at Chris now ushering her towards the open door. "We have allowed Alpha Winters to wait far too long. Besides, I think she will find this... diverting."

Chris looked curiously at Terrant as she saw the slightest of smirks grace his mouth. Chris smirked as well and without any hesitation she said, "hmm... sounds fun."

Terrant stared at her for a moment longer before turning and announcing to everyone. "Alright then. Vamos!" He started out of the office and Chris followed him. Ashlynn looked as though she was going to attempt to jump between Terrant and Chris but then stopped short when Ian grabbed her arm as Chris passed.

They continued a short way down the hall until they reached a red carpeted staircase and headed down four flights. Then down another hall toward a large oak double door with guards on either side. Chris wasn't sure what she was in for but she had a sense that Terrant might want her with him for more than just her entertainment. As they approached the guards stood at attention. Terrant called in a commanding voice. "Open."

Jumping to do their Alpha's bidding they both grabbed the gold handles and pulled simultaneously. The group walked through the doors and into what appeared to be an amphitheater of sorts.

Chris couldn't help but look up at the high ceiling which had large rectangular skylights placed in an oval with a large iron chandelier hanging in the center; adding to the light filtering through from the skylights. There were four staircases that lead all the way up to the top row of the amphitheater with large open doorways at the top. Which appeared to lead to the rest of the pack house. The staircases were blocked off from the main floor, where they stood, with iron metal gates. The whole arena appeared to be made with a light gray stone, except for the main floor which looked like tile that was cut into some sort of pattern; which was too hard for Chris to discern from where they stood. The floor of the lowest seats were at the same level as Chris's head; with one seat on the lowest level raised above the others. This seat was occupied by an older wolf who looked to be around 50 in human years. With short black, silver hair and dark, cold, black eyes; he peered severely down at Terrant.

The whole first row was filled by wolves all dressed in black robes, staring down at the convoy of Terrant's office workers with contempt. Chris glanced around herself noting the 20 black robed wolves, mostly males with a few females.

"This looks like their courtroom." Chris's wolf remarked with an uneasy feeling.

"It also looks like their sentencing room." Chris said back; feeling as though they were on trial. 

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny and ChelsieNielson