Chapter 14 Part 2- Not Really A Lunch Date

Terrant stopped in the middle of the room looking up at the older wolf and smiled, not a happy smile but a cold, masked, smile. "Ah! Here you all are!" Terrant said, glancing at the wolves next to the elder wolf.

"Alpha Terrant." A chubby wolf, to the right of the dais, said with a touch of irritation. "We were not sure if you would be able to make it to the meeting. Please forgive us. We started without you."

Terrant waved his hand dismissively and smiled again. "No. It's fine." He turned in a slow circle, looking at each of the dark robed individuals, until some started fidgeting uncomfortably.

Chuckling softly he said, "I'm glad to see every single one of the council members are here." He stopped at the elderly male on the dais and smirked. "Even the head of the council." He then tilted his head slightly with a confused expression on his face. "But not the Alpha.... Interesting." He smiled again glancing around again. "It was almost as though you didn't want me here." The chubby council member opened his mouth which was immediately shushed by Terrant putting up a finger. "As though you were having a secret meeting ....without the Alpha."

Chris heard audible gasps around the amphitheater looking up to the top seats there seemed to be other pack members watching the council meeting. A few immediately got up and left the room.

"Alpha Terrant," said the black clad female wolf on the other side of the dais. "Forgive the impertinence, but the meeting was called as an emergency."

"Oh yes." Terrant said nodding and looking concerned. "I assumed as much. Considering how I was not the one who called the meeting and all council meetings must be called by me per our very sacred law." Terrant sounded cynical, almost as though that exact line was said to him numerous times.

"A lapse in judgement, Alpha Terrant. There were things that needed to be discussed." The chubby wolf said nodding and smiling to the rest of the council; who followed suit nodding and murmuring in consent.

'What a piggy weasel.' Chris's wolf thought, which made Chris smirk. 'What a weird way to handle a council.' Her wolf said to her. 'He should have forced them into silence by now, and what is wrong with the guy on the throne? Why does he stare at him like that?' Chris had noticed it too. The Head Council member was still sitting there completely still watching everything play before him with a completely blank expression, almost as though he was waiting for his moment to act ...to strike.

"Interesting." Terrant said with a smile on his face. "I think a lap in judgement is choosing this sentencing chamber as a place for your council meeting, instead of your regular chambers." He looked up beyond the council members to the other pack members sitting in the top rows, who seemed to have grown in numbers. Terrant chuckled again. "Almost like you were trying to hide from me." The room grew deadly quiet and Terrant's face moved from a cold smile to a serious, dark look which he trained on the Head Councilmember.

A brave robed individual to the right started, "Alpha Terrant we-".

Terrants dark looked trained on the unsuspecting council member and the rest of the sentence died in his throat. "You have already given your excuses. Now tell me why we are all here in this uncomfortable situation?"

No one spoke. Chris glanced around watching the council's expressions. It was obvious that no one wanted to be the recipient of the intense coldness coming from Terrant.

"Roland!" Terrant turned to the chubby wolf, who inadvertently jumped with his name being called. "Since you have been so talkative already why don't you start?"

Roland glanced at the Head Councilmember, who did not move to acknowledge him, and grunted. "To be honest, Alpha Terrant, we have some concerns about this whole... war thing."