Chapter 14 Part 3- Not Really A Lunch Date

"Do you have no common decency for your own race?"Chris found herself asking out loud, taking a step forward to stand next to Terrant.

Roland's face started to turn red as he looked between Terrant and Chris, attempting to gauge whether Terrant was going to intercede. "We have to look after our own pack. We are not philanthropists. Worrying about other wolves is a waste of our time. Not that a staff member like yourself needs to know the reasons behind our decisions." Roland guffawed at this which caused other council members to laugh nervously.

Chris's eyebrows rose as she examined the portly male behind her dark shades. "Negating the fact that your answer is rude, belittling and cowardly. I will assume that the majority of you have not served time in your military." She glanced at Terrant who gave a very obvious nod of his head, confirming her suspicions, while Roland pointed at her spluttering nonsensical words. "Then allow me to point out a serious flaw in your thinking council member Roland. The mere fact that Trawley has not shown interest in your pack is not enough to ensure your pack's safety. A very common military tactic includes eliminating other packs around your intended target to gain the high ground or tactical advantage. Assuming that Trawley had some sort of issue with the packs from 9 years ago is exactly what he would want you to think." The room was dead silent as she continued. "However, what you should be worried about is not that Trawley has not threatened you... yet. But that the numbers of his army are reaching levels that will be hard for even your pack to come back from unscathed."

"That information is inconclusive!" Shrieked Fay gripping her folder in anger. "I suggest that we send more agents out to confirm the information provided by Alpha Winters and your war council." Fay focused her attention back on Terrant, completely ignoring Chris. "Then have the council review and come to an agreement."

"That would take too long!" Shouted a male from the ever growing group of pack members above the council.

Another pack member chimed in. "Who will be to blame if we are not prepared! The council? Alpha Terrant?"

"Silence." The Head Councilmember said, now staring down at Chris with interest on his face.

"Silence won't save you." Chris growled as a collective gasp came from the council members and onlookers. "You do not have time to discuss this. Alpha Terrant made the right decision in acting quickly to prepare your pack in case of the worst possible outcome."

"You have disrupted this council long enough girl!" Roland yelled standing from his chair and pointing down at Chris. "You even talked back to the head of our council. I have never seen such insubordination in my life." Chris could see guards appearing at the top of the stairs, perhaps as a result of a silent message sent from Roland. "I invite you to leave this council meeting and not come back until you are fully aware of the council's code."

"You have no authority over her Roland." Terrant said almost lazily, waving his hand at the guards who slowly backed out of the room.

"Alpha Terrant you cannot be so bold as to allow this female-" Roland spat the word as though the fact that she was a female was disgusting. "Insult your Father among other high ranking council members!"

"He is your Father?" Chris asked Terrant, pointing at the Head Councilmember.

Terrant looked at Chris and back at the Head Councilmember, finally he nodded stiffly.

"See she doesn't even know those who rule this pack." Fay said sneering down at Chris. "Alpha Terrant she is too uncultivated to remain a part of this council meeting."

Chris turned to the Head Councilmember. "You are the previous Alpha? You are Logan Terrant Senior?"

The Head Councilmember looked at Chris curiously; tilting his head to examine her as he said, "I am. Who are you?"