Chapter 13 Part 1- Lunch Date

"It is not a date!" Terrant said for what felt like the millionth time.

Ian shuffled his paperwork into a pile. "Uh huh.... It's just a 'business lunch'."

Terrant sighed again, the teasing was never ending. Ever since they came back to the pack house yesterday it was long hours of work with torturous breaks of teasing.

"Please stop and make sure you have everything ready for the announcement." Terrant said busying himself with the email that would update his pack on all the new regulations and visitors they were to expect.

"Of course Alpha. I will make sure everything is prepared before your date." Ian said with a smarmy grin.

Terrant grabbed a heavy book from the stack on his desk and was just about to chuck it at Ian's head when a knock came to the door. Ian put his hands up in surrender as he opened the door and a tall blonde came bursting in.

"Alpha Winters is coming here!" The blonde directed the question at Alpha Terrant completely ignoring her cousin who was almost squashed by the heavy oak door.

"Ashlynn, what have I told you about bursting in here?" Terrant asked secretly smiling at the annoyed expression on Ian's face.

The female tilted her head and looked over her shoulder at Ian. She turned back with her eyebrows raised. "To only do it when Ian is answering the door."

Terrant chuckled but did not correct her, as her tall willow frame plopped down in one of the cushy armchairs across from Terrant's desk. Ian rolled his eyes, and walked over to the opposite chair sitting down. "Always the butt of a joke." Ian muttered putting his paperwork in his lap.

Ashlynn smirked at him. "Never the joke though. More's the pity."

Ian's eyes narrowed, "Okay the blonde bimbo can go back to her desk now."

Her eyes flashed, "The blonde is trying to do her job. Unlike the useless Beta."

Ian opened his mouth to respond but Terrant interrupted. "Okay time to stop before someone runs out of my office crying and we all know it isn't Ashlynn's turn." Ashlynn and Ian glared at each other as Terrant continued. "Yes. Ashlynn. Alpha Winters is coming, we have a lunch date." Ian guffawed, and Terrant pursed his lips together in irritation at his slip of the tongue. "A business lunch." Terrant corrected now glaring at Ian who was covering his mouth in an attempt to not laugh.

Ashlynn looked between Terrant and Ian a confused expression on her face. "What is bad about a lunch date?"

Ian turned to her with a look of glee. "Oh you will find out soon enough."

Ashlynn looked wary at her cousin's apparent joy of knowing something she did not.

"Please Ian, make sure that the border patrol and pack staff have been properly notified of Alpha Winters arrival." Ian nodded and stood to leave the room.

"Wait aren't you both going to the council meeting?" Ashlynn asked.

Ian stopped and turned around glancing at Terrant who had an equally confused expression on his face. "What council meeting?" Terrant asked.

Ashlynn looked at Ian then back at Terrant, now looking confused herself. "The emergency council meeting. It is scheduled to start at noon."

Terrant clenched his jaw as he looked up at Ian who nodded and immediately left the room. He then walked around his desk to the hidden door that opened to his private bathroom and dressing room.

"Why don't you know of the meeting? I thought you called it?" Ashlynn called out to him as he closed the door and began changing from his casual blue sweater and jeans into the emergency black three piece suit hanging in the bathroom closet.