The First Road To Independence

Start from the beginning

"Aww I liked them, they reminded me of my old friends back in high school." She stated.

"I know, they're pretty cool," I said. I intertwined my hands as I look back at the dream and the same glowing flower in our backyard that I saw last night before I opened my mouth and asked her this.

"Hey mom, do you remember the glowing flower that I saw when I was four?" I asked curiously. My mom squinted her eyes a little while smiling before she nodded at me.

"I do, why do you ask?" She asked curiously looking a bit tense for some reason. I curled my brows at my mom.

"You ok mom?" I asked curiously as she lightly shook her head and smiled softly.

"No no. I'm good, sweetie. It's just...it's been a while that I remembered this, but why did you bring that up?" She asked curiously.

"Well, that's the thing. I saw the same glow from last night and since I'm grown up, I think it's time for you to tell me about the glow that I saw as a child and from last night." I suggested as I witnessed my mom straightening her lips and bit her lip.

"Sweetie, I-."

As soon as my mom was about to say something, a yawn came from the kitchen where we both turned our heads to see my sleepy dad yawning as he staggered through the stairs.

"What a nap..." He yawned as he saunters to me and my mom.

"Morning Bedhead." My mom playfully greeted me.

"Morning dad." I greeted.

"Morning dear, morning Baby Cake." He replied as he ruffles my hair where I let out a giggle.

"Slept well dad?" I asked with a grin and he nodded.

"Mhm I sure did and what's for breakfast Francine?" He asked curiously.

"Just made some sunny side eggs with bacon." She told him.

"Aah, you know how to make food so delicious Fran!" He gleed as he wraps his strong arms around my mom where she erupted a chortle.

"You always love my food!" She giggled as she ruffled my dad's dark hair. I giggled at their cute banter before I glanced at the clock to see I'm late.

"Sh*t I'm late!" I gasped as I quickly gobbled up my breakfast and sprung off from the chair.

"Gotta go guys! Love you!" I said kissing both of them on the cheeks and I quickly bolted out of the door.

"See you, Glor!" My dad yelled.

"Have a nice day sweetie." She told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later after I arrived at school, I can't stop thinking about that dream I saw last night and the same glowing flower from my childhood. Most importantly my conversation with my mom.

I can't get that weird dream out of my head about the first scene from Tangled...

I thought as she placed her hand under her chin pondering deeply about the flower.

I love Tangled and all, but why was I dreaming about Tangled?

I thought as I was strolling through the halls, a classmate rudely bumped into me.

"Oops, sorry Mini Gothel." She half-heartedly apologized as the girl next to her sniggered while walking past me with stupid annoying grins on their faces, but I rolled my eyes and kept sauntering through the halls ignoring the whispers from the other students.