Day 10: Intrulogince(alternative ending)

Sooo... a lot of you wanted an alternate ending to the Intrulogince one shot I posted a week or so ago.
sooooo THAT'S WHAT YOUR GETTING!

the first part of the story will be the same, just with a fluffy ending. Love you all! 💙💚❤️

TW: censored swearing, King Romulus, God's name used in vain, confusion, angst, flashbacks

Logic was not structurally sound.

He was sitting in his desk chair, looking at the mess of papers and Manila folders and journals and books and who knows what else in front of him. His hair was a mess. His glasses were crooked. His tie was lying limply on his chest. His lips were chapped. He was thirsty but he couldn't bring himself to stand up and get a glass of water. His thoughts were figuratively spinning, flying through his head so fast that he barely had time to consider one before his brain moved onto another and what exactly was at the bottom of the ocean and why were feelings so hard to understand and how did Thomas get a freckle behind his ear and what did the big picture in the living room mean and are cube roots better than square roots and how was Deceit so good at impersonating Patton and why wasn't anything making sense?

Logan could not commit a falsehood. He was a figurative mess.

What had led up to this madness?

Thomas had just gotten over a breakup with his boyfriend of several months. Logan, being logic, had a lot absolutely nothing to do with feelings. Somehow, he was still hurt completely fine and unaffected.

Deceit would be proud if he knew how much Logan lied to himself and the other sides.

"I've never felt anything in my life."

"Uh oh-feelings."

"I'm always serious. Clearly, I wear a necktie."

"Feelings. The bane of my existence."

"I don't feel anything."

Thomas happened to see his former boyfriend one day at Walmart. They conversed socially, as they were still close friends.

And then Thomas's former boyfriend asked him if he had wanted to go on a date with him again. That he had missed him. That he promises that this time it'll be different. That he's changed.

And Thomas turned him down. Why?

Immediately after Thomas had rejected him, he had wondered why. He still loved his former boyfriend. So why did he refuse his offer to date him? Roman was all for dating him again. Virgil, being Virgil, was just anxious about the whole thing. And Logan?

For once, Logan didn't know where he stood.

Logically, if you broke up with someone when you were in a toxic relationship, you shouldn't go back to them. That would only lead to more pain.

But what if Thomas was the one at fault? What if the reason their relationship had never worked... was him?

More specifically, was Logan?

Logan has never been good at handling feelings. He didn't have them, after all.

He felt himself arguing with... himself, somehow. Why did I turn him down? Because the relationship was toxic. And I don't have feelings. But Logan knew that wasn't true. I turned him down because I.... was confused. Confused about my own feelings, confused about Thomas's feelings, confused about the other sides' feelings. And I still am.