Feelings (Logicality w/ background Prinxiety)

Patton slipped a mitt over his hand and opened the oven, grabbing a tray of chocolate-chip goodies. "Hey kiddos, who wants-"
Roman immediately appeared and grabbed a cookie, obviously not caring about their scalding temperature. "Thanks Patton."
"You're welcome kiddo! I guess you could say I'm just trying to bake your day better."

Roman snorted.
"Oh these cookies don't look good. I'm not sure I want one." Deceit said, appearing out of nowhere and reaching for the tray.
"Hey! Those cookies aren't for you." Roman slapped his hand.
"Totally cool." Deceit hissed sarcastically.
"Roman, let him have one." Patton said. "These are for all my kiddos!"

"Let him have what?" Remus said, popping up from behind the couch.
"A cookie."
"Oh, I thought you meant something els-" he was cut off by Virgil appearing and throwing a cookie at him.
"Eat that instead of talking." He hissed.
The Duke sank out, muttering what sounded like "poopy". Virgil sighed and grabbed a cookie. "Why is he here?" he asked, pointing to Deceit.
"My cookies are for all my kiddos." Patton said

"Welp, I'm not done here." Deceit said, grabbing another cookie and sinking out.
The fanciful side shrugged. "Well, he's gone. Where's Microsoft Nerd?"
"I think he's in his room studying." Virgil answered.
"I'll bring him a cookie!" Patton said, grabbing two of the still-hot desserts and running up the stairs of the mind palace.

~•Logan's POV•~

"It just doesn't make sense!" Logan muttered to himself, scrapping the graph on his laptop and starting with a figurative "blank slate". He located the origin and moved along the X-axis, locating his first point

He had just started recalculating the variables when there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Logan said, readjusting his glasses.
"Kiddo! I brought you a cookie!" Patton said, stepping into Logan's bookshelf-filled, well-organized room.
"Ah. The sugary desserts filled with chocolate morsels. Yes, I suppose that would be satisfactory." Logan said, swiveling his chair around. Patton handed him a cookie. "What's up?"

Logan glanced upwards. "Well... the ceiling fan, the light, the-"

"Figuratively. What are you working on, kiddo? You usually come right down when Roman calls you 'Microsoft Nerd'."
"Thomas is thinking of ideas for Sanders Sides videos, which means he is thinking about feelings. Of course, I have no choice but to join in on his thoughts, seeing as I am his logic. Currently, I am attempting to calculate the scientific formula concerning the chemical reaction in the human brain- specifically Thomas's brain- that causes him to feel emotions. My attempts haven't been successful thus far, as feelings are difficult-maybe impossible-to fully understand. They also happen to be the bane of my existence, one of the few things I can't understand."
"But that's because feelings aren't meant to be understood, kiddo! Sometimes you just have to go with the flow."
"I do not see any liquid to be creating this 'flow' so I assume it's a figure of speech?" Logan frowned as Patton nodded. "In that case, i would like to see where this figurative 'flow' is taking me, before I plunge over a figurative waterfall."

"WAS THAT A DAD JOKE?!"

"Of course not!... intentionally." Logan muttered, cursing himself for making a pun.
"I still count it as a joke, son!" Patton smiled. "Do you want another cookie?"
"...I suppose that would be fine." Logan said, wanting another but not wanting to admit that he liked the chocolate desserts.
Patton went downstairs to grab another and Logan sat in his chair, dumbfounded. Why am I reacting this way to an everyday conversation?