Chapter 49: Logan

Nicolette has been back at work for over a week now and to help out I get up early every morning to take the girls to daycare. It confused the daycare workers at first with the girls being twins and having different last names and different dates of births. I think they still think we are lying.

I still haven't dealt with the Amber problem but I was hoping this weekend we could end it on good terms. I've been avoiding her because I haven't wanted to deal with her at all. It's easier this way.

"So we should get together and go play some pool tonight," Fred says walking in the office Phillip and I are standing in.

"That sounds fine to me. I will just text Kristy, " Phillip replies.

"What about you, Logan can you make it or do you have to ask Amber?" Fred asks with an amused smirk on his face.

"Yes, I can come and no I don't need to ask Amber."

"Cool. We haven't seen you outside of work in a while, so we didn't know if the old ball and chain were letting you out to play anymore." He laughs.

"Nope, I've just been busy helping with the girls a lot. Nicolette went back to work and it's been a real adjustment for her?"

"Yeah I forgot that Kristy said she was back at work," Phillips says. "How is Amber taking all of this - you helping with the girls every day?"

"She's not. I've been avoiding her for a few weeks now. We are supposed to be going on a romantic getaway this weekend."

"Are you not going?" Phillip asks with a confused look.

"No, we are going. I just don't know how romantic it's going to be since I'm breaking up with her, " I reply in a nonchalant tone.

"Daammnnn!" Fred says. "That's fucked up. You're going to break up with her on a romantic getaway?" He shakes his head in awe. "Make sure you text us the address so we'll know where to tell the police to start looking for your body," Fred says on fit laughter. "...and why are you breaking up with her anyway?"

"I never really wanted the relationship from the beginning. I tried it and it's not working out. And she agreed that if it didn't work out I can leave with no issues and we could stay friends."

"Yea but we're talking about Amber - nothing is ever that easy with her," Phillip says.

"I know," I reply as my phone beeps with a text from Nicolette.

Nicolette: Need to work maybe an hour over. Can you get the girls for me?

Me: Yes I can

Nicolette: Thanks I will come by the house to get them

Me. Ok see you later

I smile like a nerd getting asked out by the hot cheerleader as I put my phone away.

"What got you smiling? Fred asks.

"Nothing. That was just Nicolette."

They both give each other knowing glances. I ignore them and go back to working.

                                             🐉

Walking in the house I hear Lance's music playing in his room. I sit both sleeping girls on the living room table and then head back to his room. I didn't see any cars outside so I know he doesn't have any company.

Walking in his room I stop in my tracks - too stunned to continue to move. "What the fuck is going on here?" I mentally ask myself because I can't talk. I know I should look away but I'm so confused as to why my girlfriend is on her knees in front of my brother sucking his dick while he guides her head.