Chapters 32: Logan

Rolling over in the bed I look at the time and see I need to get up and ready. Sitting up I swing my legs out the bed.

"Where are you going?"

I look back rubbing my face "Phillip moved in with his girlfriend Kristy and they are having a get-together today."

"Doesn't she already have children?" Amber asks pulling the covers over her bare breast.

"Yeah...so?" I frown standing up walking to the bathroom.

Amber and I have been having these little afternoon quickies since the night she came over. It's nothing serious just a quick fuck maybe dinner and then back to our separate corners.

"Well I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, but doesn't he want to start his own family?"

Rolling my eyes, I reach over and turn on the shower before taking a leak. Once I'm done I step in the shower, and let the water run down my head trying to rinse off all the tension of the past few weeks.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Without opening my eyes I nod my head.

"Is he planning on marrying her?" Amber rubs her hands down my back.

"That's the plan - I assume," I say, grabbing my towel and soap.

"So were you not going to invite me?"

My eyes snap to her in confusion. "What do you mean? That's not what this is."

"Why can't this be what that is? We've been sneaking around for two months - I think it's time for things to change."

I start washing up not responding to her. I rinse off and grab my towel and step out of the shower. Walking in my closet I look for something to wear.

"So you're not going to respond? I'm confused Logan we've been having a good time. Nothing will change if we become official." She's standing behind me in the doorway wrapped in a towel.

Grabbing some jeans and a button-up shirt, I sigh. "I told you I don't have the time to invest in a relationship. I can't give you more than this."

"Logan I'm not asking you for much. I understand you will be busy. I just want to give us a chance."

My back is to her as I pull my jeans over the underwear I just pulled on. I grab my A-shirt and pull over my head.

"Logan," she whines my name out as she rubs her hand up my arm. "I fantasize about us getting married and having little blonde-haired blue-eyed kids. I want to be Mrs. Logan Kincaid."

Huffing out a breath, I rub my hand over my still-damp hair. "We can try this." She starts smiling big like she just won a prize. "...but." I put up one finger.  "If I feel it's not working I want to be able to call it quits without any hard feelings."

Her face drops in a frown. "Why wouldn't it work, and why wouldn't we try to work on things."

"Because I don't really want a relationship right now. This is something you want - that I'm willing to try. So with that being said if this becomes an issue then this will end." I motion my finger between the both of us. "I let you run the show when we were together in the past. I'm not doing it again."

Grabbing my shirt, I pull it on before looking down and start button it up. "Ok, I will agree to those terms only because I know in my heart we belong together." She smiles dropping her towel. "Now can I go with you?" She smiles up at me.

                                       🐉

Pulling up to Phillip's new home, I'm a little nervous over the fact that no one knows that I've been sleeping with Amber - these past two months. I mean no one other than Lance.