Chapter 12: Logan

I roll over after I keep hearing the loud beeping of my alarm. I sigh as I cock one eye open. "I hate Mondays," I say out loud to know one while rubbing my eyes trying to wake up fully.

I grab my phone to silence my alarm and see another message from Amber and Fred.

Amber: How long are you going to keep ignoring my calls. This is getting childish we need to talk. Call me back soon

"As long as possible," I answer out loud to myself. I'm not calling her back you would think she would get the message.

I scroll down to Fred's message.

Fred: Will be about 30 mins late.

Logan: 👍

I decide to text Phillip, what's going on.

Logan: Fred will be late this morning and I have to stop in the office. Let Javier know to start putting up the new shelves on the west wall.

Phillip: Ok. Stop and bring donuts and coffee

Logan: 👍

I sit my phone back down on the nightstand and head to the bathroom. I turn on the shower before using the toilet and brush my teeth. I jump in the shower and let the water run over my head as thoughts of Nicolette invade my mind. I think about those perfect full kissable lips and that nice round ass. I've never been an ass man, but I can't help and wonder if it's as soft as it looks. It doesn't jiggle or anything, but it doesn't look hard or too firm either. I step back from under the water and run my hand over my face. Sighing, I grab the towel and soap and start washing as I try to get control of my thoughts.

"Why does this woman I know so little about keep invading my thoughts," I grumble to myself. I finish bathing myself before rinsing off and getting out of the shower.

After I dry off I throw on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and work boots. "I hope I see her today," I think to myself. Before grabbing a banana and heading out the door to work.

🐉

Work was uneventful. As I'm walking to my truck I see Nicolette standing with the hood up and her phone pressed against her ear. I make a beeline toward her.

"You need some help?" I ask.

"Yes. Please", she says on a relived breathe. "My car is not doing anything. I can't imagine what could be wrong with its just two years old," she says with a wry look.

"Are your keys in the ignition?" I ask her as I walk to the driver's side door and get in her car.

"Yes. When I tried to start it nothing would come on not even the lights."

I try to start the car but hear nothing. Just as she said the lights don't even come on.

"I'm going to pull my truck over here and try to give you a jump. It's probably just your battery,"!I say.

"Ok, Thanks. I tried calling my father and brother and couldn't get either of them to pick up."

"No problem"

I turn and walk back to my truck. I drive and park in front of her car. Pretty much everybody is gone for the day so that makes things easy.

I hook up the jumper cables and wait a few minutes before I try to start her car again. It tries to turn over but still nothing.

"I think it's your battery. We can remove it and take it somewhere and get a new one."

She bites her lips in contemplation of my words.