Chapter 40: Nicolette

Knock knock

"Tay I think your daddy is here."

Running to the door, I open it then turn and run back to the kitchen. I make it back to the stove just in time to flip my omelet. "Yes," I whisper, dancing around.

"What are you doing," Deshawn asks, standing at the counter.

"I always break my omelet but this one I just flipped and it looks perfect."

He laughs shaking his head going over to the bouncy seat and taking Tay out from her seat that's sitting on the counter.

Watching him, like always, I notice he never looks over at Bella no matter how much she smiles at him.

"Where are you two going today?" I ask.

The girls are now two months so I feel a little more comfortable letting them out of my sight for short periods of time.

"We are going over to moms. That's it." He turns and looks at me.

"Ok." I wave the spatula toward the baby. "Well, I packed her a bag. She just ate. So she shouldn't be hungry for another two hours," I say, flipping my omelet out the skillet onto my plate.

"Ok. Here." He hands me the normal hundred dollars he gives every two weeks.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

"I know it's not much." He rubs his hand over his waves. "....but I also brought diapers."

"Deshawn" I cock my head to the side. "I appreciate it. I promise," I say trying to reassure his doubt.

"I just know it's not much."

"It's enough. Trust me." I turn getting the orange juice out the fridge.

He looks at me and smiles before nodding.

"Do you know what time you will be back?" I ask, grabbing me a cup and pouring the juice.

"It will be before it gets dark. So she can stay on her schedule." I watch as he puts on her little jacket.

He walks out of the kitchen and put her in the car seat. Throwing a blanket over the car seat, I watch as he does everything like he's done it a million times.

"You must help with Chris's baby all the time?"

He furrows his brow. "Why did you say that?"

"I just always notice how comfortable you are with her. You knew how to change a diaper and watching you now it's like you've done this a million times.

"Yea I do help out," he says, picking up her car seat.

Walking them to the door, I wave as I watch him get in the car he bought himself two weeks ago.

Closing the door behind me, I head back in the kitchen.

"Well, Bella it's just me and you." She kicks out her feet. She's gotten a shade darker that's it. Her hair now has blonde highlights and her eyes are just as blue as the sky.

Looking out the back door I watch Savage laying in the sun. I take a bite of my omelet and moan. Hearing my phone vibrate on the counter, I look down at the text.

Logan: Would you and the girls like to come to Christina's B-day party at 2

Thinking we have nothing to do and it would be nice to get out of this house I text back quickly.

Me: Sure, but it's just me and Bella. Tay went with her dad.

Logan hasn't felt comfortable taking Bella by himself. He normally stays the night a lot in the guest room.