Chapter 8: Deshawn

I pull up to my mom's after dropping Nicolette off at Tabatha's. I look down at my phone after hearing the familiar beep.

Felicia: Hey sweetheart. Where are you? I'm cooking breakfast and you're not here. 🥺

Deshawn: I just pulled up to my mom's. Dropping off pampers will be there in twenty.

Felicia: Ok. 😘

Deshawn: Be naked when I get there.

Felicia is this little chick I meet from the Eastside.

I walk in my mom's house. "Mom, where are you?" I yell.

"I'm in your room."

I walk to my old room and see my mom standing at the changing table changing Keyshawn. I walk over to him and kiss him on the forehead. "How's my boy and my favorite woman." My mom blushes.

"We are good just finally getting up and moving around. I think we are going to get out today and head to the farmers market. I need to get some fresh fruit. You know he only eats fruit and vegetables here."

I roll my eyes "Mom don't start."

"Don't - mom don't start - me. You know that little high yellow heifer ain't taking good care of my grandson. The only reason she had him was to trap you and force you to be with her. I knew her ass wasn't any good when she started sneaking over in high school. Walking in my house not speaking. You would think that heifer wasn't raised right. I know for a fact Debra didn't raise her to be so disrespectful. I would have rather for you to have a baby with that wife of yours and you know I can't stand her ass either." She says picking up Keyshawn and walking to the living room. She puts him down his playpen and head to the kitchen.

"I bought those diapers, but I need to head out. I have to go by Felicia's before I have to pick up Nicolette." I pick Keyshawn up and blow on his belly. He starts to laugh and grab my face trying to push me away. My little man looks just like me.

"Oh. How is Felicia doing?" She asks looking at me over the rim of her coffee cup. "Now that's who you need to be with. I like her. She's so respectful. She calls and checks up on me at least once a week."

"Felicia is fine, but you know that she and I are just hanging out. It's nothing serious."

I put Keshawn back down in his playpen and head to the door.

"Hanging out? You spend every day with her." When I look back she furrowing her brows. "You spend more time with her than you do with that wife of yours. That should be a sign for you to stop wasting time with her and find someone who takes care of you like your mother."

She's still talking while I'm walking out the door. I don't respond to her. I never do. She only hates Nicolette, because she doesn't kiss her ass. I love my mom, but she can be a bit much.

I get in the car and shoot Felicia a quick on my way text.

I sigh as I start up the car. I've been keeping Keyshawn a secret from Nicolette and don't know how long I can keep this up. I know when Nicolette finds out I will lose her forever. Nobody really knows about him, but my mom and Chris. Chris hasn't even told his girl. My dad doesn't even know about him. I can't even imagine what he will say when he finds out. He's already cut me off financially.

I had tried to get Tabatha to get an abortion, but she refused. I should have stopped fucking with her a long time ago.

Tabatha and I started messing around in the seventh grade. She would let me and Chris fuck her and sometimes at the same time. I never really liked her but she was easy. I had always liked Nicolette and Tabatha knew this. I use to always tell her to put in a good word for me but she always told me Nicolette would never give me a chance. I believed her for the longest until ninth grade I got the courage to shoot my shot. After she gave me a chance I stopped fucking with Tabatha for awhile but Nicolette was on that wanting to get married shit first. I respected her wishes of wanting to wait but I had needs. I started back fucking with Tabatha and never stopped.

Tabatha is wild she lets me do anything with or to her. We've had threesomes with different girls of my choice. She gets off on me watching her be with her friends. We do stuff I know Nicolette will never entertain. Not that I would want her too. Hell, I don't even ask Felicia to do any of that type of shit.

I know I'm wrong for cheating but honestly, I wasn't ready to get married. I knew that Nicolette would not have waited on me to get my shit together so I married her hoping that would appease her. I didn't want to lose her to someone else. Despite what people think I really do love her. Hell, I don't even blame her for being mad at me most days. I'm just not ready for all the shit she demands. I don't really want to be tied down with a 9-5. We are still young and should be living our best life.