Chapter 35: Logan

Walking in the door at home the smell of food hits my nose. "I didn't think Lance was here," I think to myself. Kicking off my work boots, I head straight to the kitchen. When I step in the kitchen I don't find Lance.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Amber, walking closer to the counter.

"I wanted to fix you dinner for after work."

"How did you get in?" I furrow my brows. "Did Lance let you in?" I know that couldn't be a possibility because he hates her.

Amber stops and stands there with a sheepish grin on her face. "I unlocked the backdoor and gate when I left this morning."

"What the fuck."

"Well you haven't given me a key and I wanted to be here when you got here."

Rubbing my hand down my face, I quickly walk to the back door and open it. In the very back of the yard, I keep a shed with my lawn equipment and extra work tools. Walking quickly to the shed, I open the door to see if anythings been taken.

Looking around, I see everything is still here. I sigh with relief. Walking back out, I rush over to the gate and see the lock is in place. I don't even want to know how she unlocked my gate.

Huffing out an exhausted breath, I head back into the house.

"That's none of your business, bitch," Lance says in a cool tone like he asked what time it is.

"It is my business if one day I'm going to be living here," Amber shouts.

"What is going on here?" I ask.

"Nothing. This bitch just needs to mind her fucking business and not mine."

"Stop with the bitch word, Lance."

"Why? That's what she is."

"He can't live here when I move in." She says, pouring sauce in a pot.

"Move in...together?" I glance over at Lance and he's just smirking.

"Yes move in together," She says with her hands on her hips.

"What are you talking about? We haven't discussed this."

"This is why I was doing all this so I can show you how it would be if I lived here. That is the next step. I want to be here when you get home at night." She says, smiling.

"It's too soon. Plus I'm just not ready." As I think about it more all of this is too much for me.

"Now turn that shit off, you pushy bitch. You know your ass can't cook," Lance says.

"Shut up Lance." She shouts. "You need to go so Logan and I can fucking talk."

"Talk about what? The man clearly doesn't want you to move in with him. I guess all the head you were giving in school didn't help in the skill department."

My head snaps up. "What?"

"Baby, Lance is lying," she says, glaring at him.

"Whatever bitch. You know I'm telling the truth." Lance reaches in the refrigerator grabbing him a beer. "I'm going to bed. Who knew running a food truck would be so tiring."

I'm still staring at Amber.

"Oh yeah guess who came by the food truck today?"

I don't guess because I have no clue. "I don't know who."

"Nicolette," he says as he walks out of the kitchen. I think back to that night she was over here. He finally told her it was a food truck and not a restaurant. She told him that fit his personality so much better.