Chapter 30: Logan

"Lance!" I call out his name. Walking in the guestroom I see the TV is on but no Lance.

I walk across the hall to the bathroom and I still don't see him. Sighing I walk to the kitchen and flick on the light. "Where is he?" I mumble." Turning I head back down the hall to my room to take a quick shower so I can change out of my work clothes.

Nicolette texted me today and asked if we could talk. I'm a little nervous because whenever women "want to talk" it's always something bad. I've gone over the last two weeks and came up with nothing everything seemed to be going good.

It takes me ten minutes to shower and another five to change into some jeans and a shirt. Walking back to the living room, I hear someone moving around in the kitchen. I start toward the kitchen.

Buzz buzz

Pulling out my phone I see a text.

Nicolette: Just pulling up.

Looking toward the kitchen I decided to go to the door first then deal with Lance.

Me: Come in

Opening the front door, I hear the familiar beep beep letting you know the door was open. I watch her get out of her car and hurry to the house trying to get out of the light rain that is falling.

"Hey," she says, smiling.

"Hey." I pull her into a hug smelling the hint of her perfume.

She's smiling when I look down at her. "Bro who is at the door?" I twist my head seeing Lance in some basketball shorts and no shirt or shoes.

"Ummm...what are you doing?" I ask, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Cooking."

I turn back to look at Nicolette who is still standing in front of me.

"Nicolette this my worrisome brother. Lance this is Nicolette."

She peeks around me and waves. "Hi. Lance, it's nice to meet you."

Lance is grinning from ear to ear when he steps closer. "Nice to meet you, Nicolette."

He adverts his eyes to me. "Where did you two meet?" he asks with a sneaky smirk.

Nicolette looks to me and I shake my head trying to let her know she doesn't have to answer.

"Ummm...we meet at work."

Lance raises a brow. "You work in construction?"

She grins as she shakes her head. "No." She glances at me. "We meet when he was doing construction at my job."

"Ohhh. Ok. I was about to say...your too cute to be doing construction. I thought I was going to have to sell my shares in my restaurant to start building walls."

Her eyes widen. I just stand here silent. "You own a restaurant?"

"Yes...well it's not open yet. We just fixed up the prep area. We need to start advertising. It's going to be great when we get to rolling."

I cover my mouth to hide my laugh. She has no idea he literally means rolling.

"Logan is gonna have to tell me when you open. I would love to come."

Lance turns to me. "I like her. She so different from the girls you normally date, and I'm not talking about the fact she's black either." I hear Nicolette chuckle. "This is the type of person you should date." He points as he turns back to Nicolette. "Are you hungry? I'm making a cheeseburger pizza. It has lettuce, tomato, mustard, hamburger meat, and of course pickles."