Chapter 45: Logan

"Lance where are her clothes?"

"Bro, I put them in the washer."

"For what?" I ask walking to the room I've been trying to get ready for Bella this past week. I finished painting it last weekend a pale yellow along with the adjoining bathroom. She can change the color when she gets older. I never put furnish in the room because I always knew that it would be a room for any children I had. Today I put up some shelves and put together her bed.

"She had some fruit punch."

Stopping I look back at Lance who's following me in some pajama pants and no shirt.

"Why did you give her some fruit punch and where is your shirt?"

"I was drinking some and she kept trying to stick her hand in my cup so I gave her some." He frowns. "She's bad at drinking from a cup. She got juice over both of us."

"She's fucking two months old Lance, of course, she's bad at it," I say. Walking in her new room I look in the dresser and grab her something to put on.

"Hey. Don't be mad at me. She wanted juice. I'm her uncle it's not my job to tell her no...That's your job."

Walking past him I head to my room and lay her down on my bed. I change her clothes and slide on her jacket because Nicolette just texted and said she was on her way home.

"Lance that doesn't make sense you have to tell her no sometimes."

"I don't know about that."He smirks. "Where is Amber she hasn't been over here lately?" Lance asks, changing the subject.

I huff. "I've been avoiding her. I need to figure out some things before I see her again."

"I don't know why it's so hard for you to tell her, hey I don't want your crazy ass anymore, because I want to get with my baby momma." He chortles. "It's that easy."

"It's not that easy. I don't want to hurt her feelings. Her dad and our dad are best friends I want us to still be able to be friends." I pick Bella up "Plus I'm not sure if Nicolette evens wants a relationship with me her husband got shot. That right there could bring them back together." I'm walking to the living room putting Bella in her seat.

"Bro I don't care what you say to Amber, she's going to be angry. She has her mindset on marrying you and you changing the plan is going to have her going all Lorena Bobbit on your ass." He chuckles. "We are going to have to come up with a plan to make everything her fault when y'all break up. Now about the ex-husband stuff, I don't think you have anything to worry about with him."

"We will see, but I'm not coming up with no damn plan. I'm just going to talk with Amber," I tell him opening the door.

"Well I'm not helping look for your dick," he yells as I shut the door.

                                     🐉

Pulling up to Nicolette's house I get out the truck and hear a loud piercing scream that sounded like it came from her house. I stop and look at the house - to see if I hear something else, but nothing. Something doesn't feel right to me so I head to house deciding to leave Bella in the truck. I can hear the dog barking - something I have never heard. Pulling out my phone I call 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I need you to send the police to 74 Fletcher Circle."

"What is the emergency, Sir?"

"Intruder," I say hanging up. That will get them to come faster.

Opening the front door I look behind it and grab the pipe, that's still sitting where I left it. Walking quietly I see a big black man, pull back and punch Nicolette in the face. I feel a wave of intense burning anger that surge up inside of me. I grip the pipe tighter and swing with all the strength in me. I hit him hard across his back trying to break every bone but not wanting to kill him, but wanting him not to ever walk again. He lets out a loud wail before falling forward against the kitchen table and then to the floor. I grab Nicolette's by her arm pulling her up and out the way before I swing again at his right leg hoping I shattered every fucking bone in his leg.