Chapter 42: Logan

Pulling up to my dad's for his birthday dinner I get out my truck and grab Bella out the back.
Amber should be coming after some meeting she is having today at the museum.

Walking to the door I turn the knob and walk in. Everyone is already here.

"Logan, you bought Arabella," Laura says walking up.

"Yes, the dinner was for family," I reply grinning at my sister who is rolling her eyes.

"I know she's family I just thought since Amber was coming...well you know." She raises a brow.

Amber is having a hard time dealing with me having a daughter. She's so used to everything revolving around her that she is not doing well with having to share my time. I remember Lance warning me this was going to happen.

"Well if Amber wants this to work she going to have to get over whatever issues she had with my Bella," I say pulling Bella out her car seat.

"Well come on everyone is in the den."

Following Laura to the den, I try to remember if I grabbed those wipes of Nicolette couch. "Wipes," I think to my self. I start laughing.

"What's funny?" Laura asks.

"I was just thinking about how much things have changed. I'm thinking if I have wipes with me. A few months ago the only thing that worried me was if a wall was structurally sound."

"Well, that's what happens when you become a parent."

When we enter the den I see everybody that always comes to these get together.

"Hey Logan. Who is this little doll?" Mrs. Carrington on of my dad's friends from college wife asks me.

"My daughter."

"Daughter? Johnny didn't tell us - that you got married."

Smiling I rub my neck with my free hand. "I'm not married."

She smiles and raises her eyebrow. "So you are not married? Where is her mother?"

"She's at home."

"Logan I didn't know you were bringing Bella," my dad says walking over.

"Johnny you didn't tell us that Logan had a baby. I thought him and Amber were together."

"Well, she was a surprise to us all." My dad looks at me. "...but Logan and Amber are together. She should be here at any moment."

"I tell you these kids now days do everything backward," Mrs. Carrington remarks.

"I know I've been trying to get Logan to get married and settle down. I'm hoping now that he has a baby marriage will follow."

Not really wanting to be apart of this conversation anymore I excuse myself.

"Bro, you bought Bella. Are Nicolette and Tay here?" Lance ask walking up. I watch as Bella's face light up seeing Lance. She's so excited she's hitting me in the face because she hasn't figured out how to reach yet.

Lance reaches over and takes her out of my arms. "You baby likes me more than you."

"Shut up. She just knows you are stupid and will be doing something dumb."

"Whatever you're just a hater," he says, walking off.

"Baby, sorry I'm late," Amber says, walking up kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey." Amber rubs her hands up my chest. "How did your meeting go?"

"It went well. I meet with a potential client. I'm hoping she agrees to let us add some of her pieces to the museum."