Chapter 13: Deshawn

Looking down at my phone I see "Wife" is calling. I hit ignore. Nicolette has called me several times within the last twenty minutes.

"I wonder what she wants. I'll call her back as soon as I'm done", I tell myself.

Sticking my phone back in my pocket I look around at the small sparse office. There's only a desk, two chairs in front of the desk, and a bar to the side. I'm sitting here talking with Chauncey about this drop he needs me to handle tonight.

"When you get to the drop, go around to the side and knock on the door twice. Then go back to the car get in and pop your trunk and wait for someone to come out. Once they get the package just pull off. I've already been paid for the product." He says looking down at his phone.

"Ok," I say. I have done this a hundred times I'm not sure why he insists on going over the details every single time.

"When you head out Spook will follow you to your car and put the package in the trunk." He looks at me.

I nod my head in understanding.

"So", he says rubbing his hands together. "....how's that fine ass wife of yours."

I stiffen at his words. I can instantly feel the anger bubbling up in my chest. Moving my head from side to side I try to loosen the tension that has just formed. I look over to my left and see Spook standing against the bar with a smirk on his face. Looking down I see the gun on his side. "Knocking Chauncey's ass out will definitely get me a bullet in my ass from Spook. So just calm down", I mentally warn myself.

I shrug, "She's ok."

"Ok...huh." Chauncey starts to roll a blunt smiling to himself. "When she finds out about all your extracurricular activities", he looks up and smirks"...I'm going to be there to swoop her fine ass up and show her what a real man is like." He says laughing.

Spook laughs too.

"Calm down he's just fucking with you", I mentally chastise myself letting out an exasperated sigh.

"I don't have to worry about that. She wouldn't go for someone like you." I comment standing up to walk out.

Chauncey is Tabatha's cousin. That's how I met him and got this little gig making drops. Tabatha's big mouth ass told him about our whole situation including everything about Nicolette. Not to long ago he saw Nicolette and me at the mall and hasn't stopped asking about her. The shit really pisses me off.

"Is that so." He's giving me an amused look. "Well, I'm willing to bet anybody is a better choice than your ass...Nigga, you out here with secret babies and shit." He takes a long hit off the blunt he just lit and passes it to Spook. "....but what I don't understand is why you little soft suburban thugs have a good thing at home, but be out here fucking with ghetto thots like my cousin. Like that shit is going to make you hard or something", He says exhaling the smoke through his nose. "I'm willing to put money down that the little sweet thang got a man on the side too", he remarks smirking at me. "Spook what you think? You think she got her a man on the side?"

"Yeah, Bro I know ain't no woman that fine just sitting around letting no nigga that's bringing chump change to the table be her one and only......yeah Bro I'll take that bet she got her little something on the side." Spook responds laughing as he passes the blunt back to Chauncey.

Chauncey's is laughing so hard he starts to choke on the smoke. It sounds like he's about to cough up a lung. He reaches over and picks up a glass with amber liquid in it and drinks down the contents.

I'm fucking pissed now. "Nicolette would never cheat on me. Fuck them", I think to myself while turning to leave.

"Yeah ok," I reply walking out the door.