Chapter 28: Nicolette

"I'll be working late today so I'm going to have to cancel our dinner plans, but I will see you in the morning for our run," Logan says. I can hear him eating his lunch. I'm sitting in the break room at my job eating my lunch and watching court TV.

It's been two weeks since that night at the hotel. We've been out to dinner three times and a movie once. He's been putting in a lot of hours on the new job he's working on.

"That's ok. I will see you in the morning."

"Well let me get back to work. We've run into three issues already today."

"Bye." We both say before hanging up.

Getting up from the table I walk over to the sink I rinse out my bowl. I hear my phone beep. Looking down at my phone I see a text message from Deshawn.

Deshawn: Wyd

Me: Just finished lunch

Deshawn: I need to come by and get a few things.

I bite my lip as I read his last text message again. Since coming from Vegas he has been really distant. He texts me but they're just short messages like "How are you doing today" or "Hey" nothing more.

Me: Ok

Deshawn: Thanks

Drying out my bowl I head back to my office. On my way to my department, I see Kristy at her desk talking to Andrew Williams. His uncle James Williams is one of the top clients for this firm.

Waving I keep walking in the direction I was going.

"Hello, Mrs. Johnson are we not speaking today?" He asks with a cocky smirk on his face.

He is a very good looking black man but his arrogance should be a turn off for any woman, and you would think that but he's married. Plus he's having a very public relationship with his girlfriend from high school.

"Hello, Mr. Williams, I didn't want to interrupt your conversation," I reply smiling up at him.

"I would never mind your interruption."

Inwardly rolling my eyes I just smile up at him. I only know Andrew Williams from different lawsuits I've had to look over financial records for them.

"Mr. Williams, Mr. Edward is ready for you," Kristy tells Andrew. "You can go on up his assistant should be waiting for you at the elevator."

He turns and looks at Kristy. "Thank you."

"Well, Mrs. Johnson like always it was nice seeing you." He smiles. "Until again." He winks and then strolls off toward the elevator.

Looking over to Kristy I dramatically roll my eyes and mouth, "What a douche." I smile before walking to my office.

🐉

When I get home I'm surprised to see Chris's car parked out front. Normally when Deshawn comes by he's gone when I make it home.

Opening the front door I hear the TV on in the living room. Walking toward the sound I see Chris watching one of the episodes of Power that I recorded and haven't watched yet. Rushing to the table I hurry up and grab the remote and pause the show.

"Oh shit Nicolette! I was trying to finish it before you came home," Chris says laughing.

"Chris I ought to kick your ass. You know I haven't watched those yet," I say plopping down on the couch beside him. I've been feeling really tired these last few days.

"I know but I hadn't had time to watch it so I was trying to catch up."

"Where is Savage?" I ask after noticing he hasn't come in here.